wrestfan

Iran Wrestling News

1 hour ago, wrestfan said:

Amir Hossein Zare tested positive for Coronavirus in Kazakhstan!!! they are going to replace him with Amin Taheri

but wow. what about the rest of the team? hopefully they are all OK.

-------------

Edit: the freestyle team is still in Iran, that bold part was my mistake.

what an opportunity for Taheri 

how the hell did Zare test positive though aren't they in a bubble or something ?! 

5 minutes ago, The Genius said:

what an opportunity for Taheri 

how the hell did Zare test positive though aren't they in a bubble or something ?! 

yeah he can add another prestigious gold medal to his Dan Kolov gold

yes they were and that's worrisome, they sent them home (except those 3 for the Qualifiers) for the new year holidays to stay with their families but that was 20 days ago. this is probably something new

37 minutes ago, wrestfan said:

yeah he can add another prestigious gold medal to his Dan Kolov gold

yes they were and that's worrisome, they sent them home (except those 3 for the Qualifiers) for the new year holidays to stay with their families but that was 20 days ago. this is probably something new

I also meant because Zare may need a long time to recover so if Taheri can build momentum and have a good performance he will be a in good position

Put Hassan in an impenetrable bubble right now @ dabir !!

I had covid in January (very minor symptoms) and I believe I was told that I am immune to it for a while. If so then it might be a good thing he got it now instead of 1 week before the Olympics. And I assume he does not have any serious symptoms for him to take a long time to recover. Tbh this is only bad for Taheri, if he wins gold coaches won't care, he will be in the same position he was after Kolov (it's Asia) and if he doesn't win gold it's probably over for him. I think this would be resolved in Poland anyway unless Taheri does not win gold which I think he will. If Zare is actually sick then yes he has a big opportunity. 

Yousofi wins gold at 130kg. I really like him, he has some things to work on but his conditioning seems very good compared to his (much older) opponents. Anyone that can become jr and u23 world champ in the same year is clearly quite special. A potential 2024 contender. 

Edited by The Genius

14 minutes ago, The Genius said:

Yousofi wins gold at 130kg. I really like him, he has some things to work on but his conditioning seems very good compared to his (much older) opponents. Anyone that can become jr and u23 world champ in the same year is clearly quite special. A potential 2024 contender. 

You deserve a gold medal yourself for being knowledgable about heavyweight greco 

Zare isn't sick, they were surprised he is covid positive since he had no symptoms at all. but now he has to leave the national camp, how he is going to train for the next 2-3 weeks ? that will create some problems for his preparation plans

they started to vaccinate all Olympic athletes today, if I remember correctly they said the whole number is 292 ! (athletes, coaches, reserves, other guys in the national camp)

I assume all these wrestlers will get their vaccine when they come back home.

13 minutes ago, wrestfan said:

Zare isn't sick, they were surprised he is covid positive since he had no symptoms at all. but now he has to leave the national camp, how he is going to train for the next 2-3 weeks ? that will create some problems for his preparation plans

they started to vaccinate all Olympic athletes today, if I remember correctly they said the whole number is 292 ! (athletes, coaches, reserves, other guys in the national camp)

I assume all these wrestlers will get their vaccine when they come back home.

How long is the isolation period they recomend in Iran after a positive test? 

2 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

How long is the isolation period they recomend in Iran after a positive test? 

if I'm not wrong as long as you are covid positive. if (or whenever) you are negative you can leave the isolation

first let's hope nobody else is infected in the national camp (that's my biggest concern right now) and second if it's only Zare, he (or IAWF) has to find  a brave super heavy weight guy to train with him in next 2-3 weeks.

12 minutes ago, wrestfan said:

if I'm not wrong as long as you are covid positive. if (or whenever) you are negative you can leave the isolation

first let's hope nobody else is infected in the national camp (that's my biggest concern right now) and second if it's only Zare, he (or IAWF) has to find  a brave super heavy weight guy to train with him in next 2-3 weeks.

I'm not an expert but where I live they recommend 10 days from the day you test positive. 3 weeks seems extremely excessive, especially for a guy with no symptoms. I think there is a good chance he tests negative soon and he can be back late next week. 

Edit: And how often do they test the national team members? If it's every few days then we can know he just got it and will miss at least a week or so. If it's every few weeks or once a month for all we know he might be at the very end of having covid and could test negative within the next few days. 

Edited by Shiraz123

9 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

I'm not an expert but where I live they recomend 10 days. 3 weeks seems extremely excessive, especially for a guy with no symptoms. I think there is a good chance he tests negative soon and he can be back late next week. 

I'm also not an expert, 3 weeks was just my wild guess lol

btw this is his 2nd time, he had COVID once in middle of 2020, the question is how he got that ?

last time when it happened Dabir said it was the cook ! they made it like a prison this time. i

20 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

I'm not an expert but where I live they recommend 10 days from the day you test positive. 3 weeks seems extremely excessive, especially for a guy with no symptoms. I think there is a good chance he tests negative soon and he can be back late next week. 

Edit: And how often do they test the national team members? If it's every few days then we can know he just got it and will miss at least a week or so. If it's every few weeks or once a month for all we know he might be at the very end of having covid and could test negative within the next few days. 

In the US, after a positive test you had to quarantine 10 days after your last day of symptoms. After 10 days of quarantine without symptoms you don't need a negative test to stop quarantine.  My understanding is that you can still have a positive test for months after the virus is gone, because you can still be shedding dead virus particles that are not infectious at all but will give a positive. Depending how frequently he was tested before, he could have the remnants of a month old case.

4 minutes ago, Jim L said:

In the US, after a positive test you had to quarantine 10 days after your last day of symptoms. After 10 days of quarantine without symptoms you don't need a negative test to stop quarantine.  My understanding is that you can still have a positive test for months after the virus is gone, because you can still be shedding dead virus particles that are not infectious at all but will give a positive. Depending how frequently he was tested before, he could have the remnants of a month old case.

I think it's the same in Iran for the general population, i'm sure they are not retesting everyone who has had covid before they start going out again. Most likely they recommend a certain period to stay home then you are fine. The problem is these guys are in a special situation unlike the average person who goes on with his life in that every time they enter the national training centre from the outside world they need to test negative for covid. If he keeps testing positive for months then he's basically doomed as far as the Olympics go because they wont let him train. But on the other hand today is Tuesday and I would not be surprised at all if he tests negative as soon as Thursday, depending on when his last negative test was before he tested positive yesterday.  

1 minute ago, irani said:

If they follow proper protocol, the entire Iran team should go to quarantine.

They were exposed to someone who had Covid19, they should be quarantined,

This is actually true according to the protocol and I didn't think of it. Japan removed their whole women's team from the Asian champs because some of them were in contact with someone who had covid, none of them even tested positive.

If UWW finds out about this do they tell the Iranian fed that none of them can come? I'm sure all these guys have been around Zare recently. 

1 hour ago, Shiraz123 said:

This is actually true according to the protocol and I didn't think of it. Japan removed their whole women's team from the Asian champs because some of them were in contact with someone who had covid, none of them even tested positive.

If UWW finds out about this do they tell the Iranian fed that none of them can come? I'm sure all these guys have been around Zare recently. 

UWW won’t intervene

4 hours ago, wrestfan said:

he (or IAWF) has to find  a brave super heavy weight guy to train with him in next 2-3 weeks.

I read an interview with him a while ago, where he bragged about being a different type of heavy weight wrestler, and said he spars with Amouzad and little Yazdani to work on his skills and quickness.

56 minutes ago, The Genius said:

Nothing very interesting today. Kavianinejad losing to KGZ (Russian but never medalled before) was disappointing. 

if you mean a world medal yes but Tsarev is a multiple time Asian medalist (once a gold medalist) he is a decent wrestler actually but yes that's true Kaviani was disappointing today, he is disappointing since 2019 worlds.