Sign in to follow this  
Smedley

2016-Top 10 Worst Wrestling Stories/Moments

10. US College wrestling still being folkstyle. I don't know what will happen first, the US Congress passing legislation to adopt the metric system as this country's official system for weights and measures or the NCAA will adopt freestyle wrestling?

9. Russian PEDs

8. The college wrestling side of this forum.

7. Willie Saylor's assertion that NBC slapped wrestling in the face by not providing adequate coverage of Helen Maroulis after she won her gold medal. It has been 136 days since her historic feat and Flowrestling has released two FloFilms. One about J'den Cox and one about Steve Mocco. Its starting to feel like Flowrestling has kicked wrestling in the genitals.

6. The USA greco team's lack of any parterre defense in Rio.

5. Jordan Burroughs' fall from grace.

4. NCAA wrestling's archaic rules on hair for both the head and face.

3. People comparing Helen's accomplishment to Rulon Gardner's miracle... I mean fluke win against Karelin.

2. P!ss poor officiating.

1. That piece of sh!t Mikhail Mamiashvili.

great list. a few questions for smedley:

1) were you ok with nbc not showing the first u.s. woman wrestler winning a gold over the most decorated wrestler ever?

2) do you know how long it takes to produce a decent documentary?

3) would you run a documentary at a time when the subject isn't close to competing.

thanks

any wisdom you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

1) were you ok with nbc not showing the first u.s. woman wrestler winning a gold over the most decorated wrestler ever?

3) would you run a documentary at a time when the subject isn't close to competing.

thanks

I am a cord cutter. I watched Helen win live online via NBC. They did a good job.

I have no idea how long it takes to do a documentary. Until you all do something on women's wrestling I will continue to assume Flo is all about the penis.

thanks

You guys have plenty of documentaries on athletes who aren't done competing.

i didn't say 'done competing' i said 'close to competing'.

smedley - i guess you missed the entire premise of the article - which was that it Helen's feat should have appeared in its entirety on TV. you'd probably be interested to know the decision and circumstances of why it didn't but i'm not going into that here.

i didn't say 'done competing' i said 'close to competing'.

smedley - i guess you missed the entire premise of the article - which was that it Helen's feat should have appeared in its entirety on TV. you'd probably be interested to know the decision and circumstances of why it didn't but i'm not going into that here.

Please do go into detail. From what's presented it appears that you are whinning.

Why does this need to be a pissing contest. And why is a poster who is standing up for gender equality engaged in a pissing contest which we all know can't be won (or even entered, really) without a penis?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't blame NBC because as much as I wanted to see it, apparently not enough non-wrestling fans or otherwise, did want to see it. (at least I assume that is the reason....$$$$)

The real reason is that UWW, after an incredible world championships, simply did nothing to seed the top 4 (with consideration for non-olympic finalists). Even after the last chance qualifier, they had months to

build and promote potential matchups. Nobody even knew who was going to wrestle who until less than 24 hours before the tournament. Don't even get me started on Burroughs wrestling Gedeuv at 10:30 in the morning in front of

very few fans and viewers. 53 kg women had an incredible "fab 4" to promote in Helen, Yoshida, Adekore and Sophia. Every individual combative sport has a simple formula for success. 1) build stars 2.) build matchups 3.) promote events with great matchups.

The Olympics fiasco was inevitable, in fact they got lucky that Helen and Yoshida were on opposite sides of the bracket. (they could have met in the first round)

also Flo is working on Helen doc, just not sure it fits their demographic and they don't sell or promote their docs on Amazon, You Tube or otherwise so if she is going to reach a broader non-wrestling audience it won't be through a Flo doc.

Still, I like what Bader and company are doing and look forward to it.

He told the "lawyer" of the Godfather to pound sand.

He got off lucky only waking up to a horse's head.

I guess, but that's like saying a mugging victim is lucky they weren't murdered. technically true. 

or the godfather and his lawyer are lucky Woltz is such a creep and didn't want to pursue the matter in court.