WalterWhite

Flo Arena/Video Stream

Would like to start this thread by saying I really really like the flo arena, and the video stream. I think it is awesome that you can just click on the matches that have already been wrestled and watch them. I also really like the upcoming bouts tab. I just wanted to throw this out there. How awesome would it be if the upcoming bouts tab was on the same page as the stream? That way you didn't have to bounce back and forth. Just an Idea. Maybe I am just super lazy. 

Everything was great for me.  Only minor gripes are that mat 3 was delayed for half the quarterfinals (it was eventually fixed) and the announcer on 6 was really awful.  Considering where they were in the past with streams, and the fact that I think the announcers/camera people aren't getting paid (I think), i'd give the coverage an A+.  

Flozone was really good, especially if you are watching on your phone and can't track all the mats.  

Edited by Billyhoyle

I am still very reluctant to pay for a product that fails to deliver as much FLO does. Every event there seems to be glitches and streaming issues. Sure they have done wonders but hey still have many problems and there seems to be little recourse.

idk. is it lagging on Roku and Apple TV as well?

Yep, or it was during the round 1 and the QF.  It lagged so far behind it skipped Mayes at 149 to try to catch up, then skipped Lavallee's last 2 periods before it finally caught up.  I sent an email to support describing my disappointment, but they said they couldn't issue refunds.  I think a refund for this month's service would be an appropriate response to this fiasco.  I might even continue my ongoing subscription if this gets handled correctly.

Yep, or it was during the round 1 and the QF.  It lagged so far behind it skipped Mayes at 149 to try to catch up, then skipped Lavallee's last 2 periods before it finally caught up.  I sent an email to support describing my disappointment, but they said they couldn't issue refunds.  I think a refund for this month's service would be an appropriate response to this fiasco.  I might even continue my ongoing subscription if this gets handled correctly.

Why would they refund an ENTIRE month's subscription for ONE event. They put on dozens of events per month. I am a vocal about the lagging of the Scuffle and just want a resolution, not a refund. They should refund the approximate pro-rate for The Scuffle only, which would equate to around $1 of what you pay monthly. Good luck!

Why would they refund an ENTIRE month's subscription for ONE event. They put on dozens of events per month. I am a vocal about the lagging of the Scuffle and just want a resolution, not a refund. They should refund the approximate pro-rate for The Scuffle only, which would equate to around $1 of what you pay monthly. Good luck!

I don't pay for all the other crap they have.  I wanted to watch Mizzou in the Scuffle.  I missed over 40% of their matches on Day 1.  It's called punitive damages.  Or customer service.  They could ensure many months/years of future subscriptions by penalizing themselves one month.  Or not. The whole damn concept of "broadcast rights" basically creates a mini-monopoly for each event, so they admittedly have very little incentive to provide a good product at a fair price.  

I think the coverage has been great. Flozone is very good but the announcer is weak (someone tell him to speak up and he's not covering a funeral). Real treat to listen to Bader and that Southern dude. They are getting so much better.

Edited by NJwrestlingguy

There is some lag but I am fine with it. I assume different servers and internet providers play a part in that also. I was watching on Roku and 2 iPads. The issue I had was that most of the time, only one of the 2 matches on split screen would play. The play button in center of match screen was showing when both screens would play in the split screen. But to be fair, not sure if that is an issue with Flo or my iPad settings on wether I am on Chrome or Explorer.

FloZone is pretty cool. I wish they would use a split screen for semi's on FloZone. (Quad view for qtrs) Can't have multiple views on Roku and I assume Apple TV. There are some matche you want to watch in their entirety but FloZone switches matches.

Another improvement for Flo is that they used an instant replay a few times. That is good to see.

More lag and more frozen screens.  The worst part is that when you complain to Flo they tell you it is your device.  Like my device works fine all the time on every other site, and even on flo, but then when Flo gets to a highly viewed match with peak viewers and bandwidth issues, my device somehow doesn't work.  Even though I'm on a laptop on my home network with my own wifi.

Just own it when I complain.  Don't try to pretend you aren't lagging.