Sign in to follow this  
closer617

Hall v Kent.......WHO YOU GOT

Convincing performance. I think Hall wins the scuffle and gets his shirt pulled

He has to beat two more AAs to win the title. I think he will and they almost have to pull his shirt if he beats 3 AAs in a row.

Not sure I want them to. The team race would get a lot less interesting.

No, this isn't junior high wrestling.  You rarely see Snyder pick bottom against anyone good.  The reason is these guys are training for the olympics, and the bottom position is a waste of their time.  

If you're an Olympic Gold medalist you can do what you want.  Hall should be working on bottom or he should be at the OTC.  Do you think he has a prayer at beating Imar without getting an escape?  Do you think he is 2 TDs better in that match?

He has some of the best technique of any wrestler I've ever seen. Hall makes it look easy, and its not because he's got some kind of Ed Ruth freakish monkey arms thing going on.  His shots aren't particularly fast, he's not crushingly strong, he just always manages to be in the right place at the right time

If you're an Olympic Gold medalist you can do what you want.  Hall should be working on bottom or he should be at the OTC.  Do you think he has a prayer at beating Imar without getting an escape?  Do you think he is 2 TDs better in that match?

OTC?  Maybe if it was 2008.  The top athletes are all at regional training centers now. 

Hall won a junior world title last year at 74kg and is 4th on the world team ladder right now.   Burroughs, Howe, Dierenger, then him.  

As far as beating Imart...I would probably pick Imart right now over Hall, but yes he has a very good chance to beat him at 74kg.  And the good news is he doesn't need any escapes to do so.  

When will he be wrestling Imar working for an escape?  In theory, all he needs is one takedown. 

OTC?  Maybe if it was 2008.  The top athletes are all at regional training centers now. 

Hall won a junior world title last year at 74kg and is 4th on the world team ladder right now.   Burroughs, Howe, Dierenger, then him.  

As far as beating Imart...I would probably pick Imart right now over Hall, but yes he has a very good chance to beat him at 74kg.  And the good news is he doesn't need any escapes to do so.  

IMart is a heck of a lot more of a wrestler than Kent. I think of Zahid wrestling David Taylor last year at Midlands. Lost 15-0.

IMart is a heck of a lot more of a wrestler than Kent. I think of Zahid wrestling David Taylor last year at Midlands. Lost 15-0.

It wouldn't be a huge upset for Hall to win though.  Just look at the way he dismantled Nolf.  I'd call Imart a slight favorite, but it could easily be called a tossup.  

Edited by Billyhoyle

Two guys that are harder than hell top take down

I think Imart's explosiveness could be decisive against Hall.  He has a gear that few do.  Hall is so technical though....Between them and a "declining" Burroughs (throw in dierenger and Dake), 74kg will be really really fun the next 4 years.  

Two guys that are harder than hell top take down

Hall dismantled Nolf in freestyle and I've asked myself many times how it would go in folk. I just don't know. He got a lot of legit takedowns vs Nolf in freestyle that had nothing to do with freestyle per se, but who knows, Nolf may wrestle differently in free knowing he has to worry about exposing himself. Who knows.

Hall dismantled Nolf in freestyle and I've asked myself many times how it would go in folk. I just don't know. He got a lot of legit takedowns vs Nolf in freestyle that had nothing to do with freestyle per se, but who knows, Nolf may wrestle differently in free knowing he has to worry about exposing himself. Who knows.

Always go off the freestyle result until proven otherwise.  Same questions were asked after Dake dismantled Taylor in freestyle the summer of their junior year. Sure, sometimes the result is a result of freestyle rules, but most of the time it isn't and the guy who won in freestyle is just the better wrestler.  

It wouldn't be a huge upset for Hall to win though.  Just look at the way he dismantled Nolf.  I'd call Imart a slight favorite, but it could easily be called a tossup.  

This always confounds me: it was Freestyle.  That and Nolf is going 157 and Hall 174...so we know who is naturally going down/up.   Hall is better at Freestyle and Nolf at Folkstyle.  It is different and you can't be as free (no pun intended) wrestling Free.  Still impressed with Nolf who beat Massa at Free when Massa is the bigger guy...and better at Free. 

This always confounds me: it was Freestyle.  That and Nolf is going 157 and Hall 174...so we know who is naturally going down/up.   Hall is better at Freestyle and Nolf at Folkstyle.  It is different and you can't be as free (no pun intended) wrestling Free.  Still impressed with Nolf who beat Massa at Free when Massa is the bigger guy...and better at Free. 

The majority of the time, the freestyle result holds in folkstyle.  There are sometimes exceptions, but it's not as if Hall doesn't know how to wrestle folk.  

All things being equal Nolf will be okay in my opinion.  One guy is naturally bigger than the other, and that same person is much better at one style than the other. 

Always go off the freestyle result until proven otherwise.  Same questions were asked after Dake dismantled Taylor in freestyle the summer of their junior year. Sure, sometimes the result is a result of freestyle rules, but most of the time it isn't and the guy who won in freestyle is just the better wrestler.  

I disagree, especially when one has more experience than the other. 

Nolf is a novice at free.