Sign in to follow this  
FreezeWrestling

Dean's Replacement Next Year

Looks like Gabe Dean's replacement is pretty good and will be within his own family. His name is Max, Gabe's brother. Took #4 seed Chip Ness to the buzzer leading almost the entire match until the end. My opinion is he is farther along that Gabe was as a true freshman. Very similar style but Max seems a little more funkier, even though Gabe is an excellent scrambler. 

Cornell is going to be VERY GOOD in the next few years. 

If Vito and Yianni matriculate to Cornell next year it will be an impressive incoming class with the two of them, Darmstadt and Max Dean at the core of the newbies.  Don't have any superstars in the sophomore to senior ranks though.  Might be the year when the Cornell national champion streak comes to an end unless a newbie steps up.

Edit --- No national champ in 2014 ... so no streak to break.

Edited by nom

Depends on if Yianni and Vitali go to FLWP or they enroll at Cornell. If they do the latter, he is what I think it will look like. 

125- Macri JR

133- Tucker JR

141- Arujau FR

149- Diakomihalis FR

157- Simaz JR

165- Womak JR

174- Chavez JR

184- Dean FR

197- Darmstadt FR

285- Sweany JR

This lineup is a guess but a very young team. Couple years away from competing for title. 

Depends on if Yianni and Vitali go to FLWP or they enroll at Cornell. If they do the latter, he is what I think it will look like. 

125- Macri JR

133- Tucker JR

141- Arujau FR

149- Diakomihalis FR

157- Simaz JR

165- Womak JR

174- Chavez JR

184- Dean FR

197- Darmstadt FR

285- Sweany JR

This lineup is a guess but a very young team. Couple years away from competing for title. 

I say without reservation that will be the most exciting lineup in college wrestling (PSU maybe). 

You really see Arujau and Yianni at 141 and 149 next year? I think they'll need a year of eating and lifting to be full-sized st those weights.

I think they will attend FLWP their first year. That scenario was IF they attend Cornell their first year. I do agree they need a year to go. Plus, why throw Yianni out there his true freshman year against Zain, the best wrestler in the country next year. 

Gabe Dean took a quantum leap between his redshirt year and redshirt freshman year.  Difficult to replicate that.  

Same genes, same mentality. Gabe and Max are like identical twins, just 4 years apart. While I believe Max will be good, I can't say he will run through people like Gabe did his freshman year. 

125- Macri JR

133- Tucker JR

141- Arujau FR

149- Diakomihalis FR

157- Simaz JR

165- Womak JR

174- Chavez JR

184- Dean FR

197- Darmstadt FR

285- Sweany JR

Seems like Tucker and Chavez never wrestle. 

125- Macri JR

133- Tucker JR

141- Arujau FR

149- Diakomihalis FR

157- Simaz JR

165- Womak JR

174- Chavez JR

184- Dean FR

197- Darmstadt FR

285- Sweany JR

It seems that Chavez is focusing on Greco.  I think it is more likely that you will see Artigliere & Womack man 165 & 174.  If Yanni matriculates next year I think he will start at 141.  I also think he would be in the mix for a title there.