Sign in to follow this  
pish6969

Hall vs Crutch WHO YOU GOT

Preisch looks like he's incredibly strong. Hall can also look lackadaisical at times. I think Hall will be more focused in the finals.

Lackadaisical is a horrible adjective to describe Hall. He is not sluggish or lazy. He is tactical and smart. The kid knows positions better than anyone in college wrestling (Yes I said it). He only lacks strength compared to 23-24 year old men. 3-4 years of strength training is a huge advantage but not one that Hall can't overcome. 

Lackadaisical is a horrible adjective to describe Hall. He is not sluggish or lazy. He is tactical and smart. The kid knows positions better than anyone in college wrestling (Yes I said it). He only lacks strength compared to 23-24 year old men. 3-4 years of strength training is a huge advantage but not one that Hall can't overcome. 

That is a dumb statement (Yes I said it).

College wrestling includes multiple Olympic medalists (one of whom is Gold).  

Edited by boconnell

Hall. He finds ways to win even when he gets behind. Never gets desperate. Something like 8-5. 

When Hall locked in the mixer it did not matter how strong Preisch was. You lock that in tight enough anyone will play nice and roll over for ya. 

Edited by TBar1977

He is a very, very good true freshman. Let's not get completely carried away. Ever heard of Kyle Snyder??

Hall is better from the feet and Crutchmer is not enough of a mat wrestler to offset that disadvantage. Hall.

I'd agree.  Think it takes a very defensive (or good counter) neutral wrestler but one who is a very good mat wrestler to beat Hall.  Crutch only meets half of those criteria.

I'd agree. Think it takes a very defensive (or good counter) neutral wrestler but one who is a very good mat wrestler to beat Hall. Crutch only meets half of those criteria.

Either that or a guy like Preisch who is twice as strong and has rock solid fundamentals. Hall is still clearly not a fully grown man, so he can be horsed around (refer to his results in senior freestyle, for example). Of course, Preisch did just lose to Hall, but he was less than a minute from a legit win.

Either that or a guy like Preisch who is twice as strong and has rock solid fundamentals. Hall is still clearly not a fully grown man, so he can be horsed around (refer to his results in senior freestyle, for example). Of course, Preisch did just lose to Hall, but he was less than a minute from a legit win.

Twice as strong and rock solid fundamentals sounds like Bo Jordan.

I think Hall can win it but the key is whether he will. It's not clear what happened with Priesch so let's start there.

1. Why did Hall have so much trouble taking down Priesch? One possibility is that Priesch was playing It caustious, using strength and good position to stop Hall's offense while generating little of his own.

2. Why was Hall able to get the cement mixer when it counted. Priesch was ahead at the time and put himself in a bad position. Did Hall figure him out? Did all Hall's heavy snaps take a lot of of him?

3. Is it repeatable?

Seems to me that Hall can beat a guy who is trying to score. He can wear a guy down whose trying to keep it close.

I take Hall. I think he's up 4-1 after the first and chooses up in the second if it's his choice and then up 6-2. Third he's in top and it goes 6-3 and the. 8-3 is final score.