hammerlockthree

In Fairness To Gilman (Terao match)

This is why he got so pissed after the match with Terao. 

http://www.flowrestling.org/video/1036797-as-requested-by-thomas-gilman-cross-face-from-terao-leads-to-late-match-antics

Still not quite justified, he didn't take much more than a bicep to the face, but I generally don't speak very highly of him, and didn't in this case, but If I had seen that I wouldn't thought anyway of it.

Terrao should have been docked a point ala Anthony Ashnault.  Time ticking down.  Move had no relation to an attempt to score.  Even worse actually because the match was ending rather than continuing to overtime.   Nothing but a cheap shot(s) and one where it was too late to matter in the match (arguably unlike AA).  Seems reasonable for Gilman to offer a few choice words in the position.  Like he said in his interview, if you want to be physical he is all for that but don't wait till there is no time left to wrestle that way.  I get he isn't loved by everyone but perhaps we should applaud him for not retaliating instead of crucifying him for offering a few choice words.   

Punk move by Terao--how is Gilman catching any flak for this?  

Because Gilman has a history of acting like a jerk.  So when something like this happens he's not going to get the benefit of the doubt.

I think it's fitting to see him get pissed off at the same type of stuff he's done to others in the past.

I'd put those cross faces on par with gilman's face mush. Not a big deal, Except that gilman got pissy the moment someone gave it back to him. Gilman's history also affords him no leniency from most. He's acted like a turd at some point every season since he started for Iowa so it's not hard to realize why he catches so much flack all around.

Neither of those were cross faces. those were both cheap shots. Gilman isn't the only wrestler to face mush or push somebody. Yeah his crap with waters was stupid and he was punished for it and eventually lost the match. People hate him because he has an Iowa singlet on and can't handle the fact that he brings it in an unconventional way. I didn't hear anybody whine about Tyler Berger slamming Michael kemerer five second after the ref blew the whistle twenty times or Tyler Berger jacking his jaw at the Iowa coaches and then acting like a tough guy and running after the Iowa coaches after he threw his ankle bands on the mat. when you pick and choose which bull**** antics to call out you lose your credibility. Were you guys not taught to hate your opponent and go all out against them? Gilman may take it to the extreme but he isn't wrestling his sister out there

Not to digress, but what the hell was Berger yelling at Brands for? And what the hell did he actually yell? I was really surprised to see that. Not only did Brands have zero to do with the reffing, he wouldn't be too high in my list of people to pick fights with, no matter how big and tough I think I am.

Edited by wrestlingnerd

Not to digress, but what the hell was Berger yelling at Brands for? And what the hell did he actually yell? I was really surprised to see that. Not I undid Brands have zero to do with the Redding, he wouldn't be too high in my list of people to pick fights with, no matter how big and tough I think I am.

Berger also tried to start stuff with Edwin Cooper last year at the dual and had to be restrained. Must really irk him that he is 0-3 against the Hawks these last two years.

I enjoy watching Gilman as another super-passionate Iowa wrestler that leaves nothing on the table.  He's totally bought into the program and will stop at nothing until he has his title.  He dishes it, and expect it dished back.

I think the point of the thread is that Gilman doesn't expect it to happen to him - otherwise he wouldn't be complaining about the bad behavior. 

Yes, Terao's crossfaces were cheap and unwarranted...just like a lot of the crap Gilman has pulled in the past.

As for Berger slamming Kemerer, start another thread - I'm sure you'll get some takers.

Not to digress, but what the hell was Berger yelling at Brands for? And what the hell did he actually yell? I was really surprised to see that. Not only did Brands have zero to do with the reffing, he wouldn't be too high in my list of people to pick fights with, no matter how big and tough I think I am.

I don't know what he was so heated about but I was really hoping for some fireworks. I like to see a good spur of the moment street fight every now and then.

I don't know what he was so heated about but I was really hoping for some fireworks. I like to see a good spur of the moment street fight every now and then.

Haha. I wish the Brands had gone into MMA, just for a short while. They would've beaten some people up.

They obviously had the wrestling, work ethic, etc but they also had (have) the mean streak (in a good way) to fight.

I don't care what weight you are. Fighting them would be scary.

I like Berger but he would get his ass kicked by either Brands.

I think the point of the thread is that Gilman doesn't expect it to happen to him - otherwise he wouldn't be complaining about the bad behavior. 

Yes, Terao's crossfaces were cheap and unwarranted...just like a lot of the crap Gilman has pulled in the past.

As for Berger slamming Kemerer, start another thread - I'm sure you'll get some takers.

"Like a lot of the crap Gilman has pulled"

Can you give examples of all of these actions outside of the Waters slam, though at least there was 15ish seconds left on the clock in that scenario and he was desperately trying to escape.

Edited by VakAttack