Sign in to follow this  
aknipp

Nebraska/Penn State

Coming up, should be very good.  I count 8 that could rationally go either way,. 

125 Lambert/Suriano - Lambert is a R12, maybe 7-8 place, Suriano is hyped as a finalist, but he is not Gilman. Still PSU in a dec. 

133 Montoya/Cortez - take the returning AA, dec NU

141 McCrystal/Gulibon - before the Midlands, I thought Mc would take it, still can, but calling dec PSU

149 - Does it matter ? TF PSU

157 - Berger/Nolf. Berger is wrestling better this season and should make the podium. But not that good. dec PSU

165 - Arthur/Vincenzo - not convinced Vincenzo is a AA candidate, but he will win. dec PSU

174 - Barnes/Rasheed - tossup. dec NU.

184 - Dudley/Nikal - the best match of the meet.  Both are undefeated, both incredibly dominant. Dudley has wrestled better competition, giving him the edge. dec NU

197 -  Studebaker/McCutcheon - another match of likely AA.  Homer pick says Studebaker, dec NU

285 - Jensen/Nevills. - again PSU's schedule hurts (Nevills is 8-0 Jensen is 21-5 for the year).  Nevills has the higher upside, if he is health. dec PSU. 

PSU 20-12 

Can't wait for Dudley x Nickal. I agree people are underestimating Dudley. He kept it respectable against Dean and DT last year, so I see a close match. He is powerful enough to make Nickal pay for a bad move. Very intriguing match-up.

Agreed, Dudley is looking very solid and is a bit under the radar.  Nate Jackson got the first TD on him at midlands, in about 10 seconds.  After that he dominated...

Cael has said that Cortez will not be going this weekend. PSU is likely to give up bonus points in both duals st 133.

does anyone know what is up with Cortez? I heard that he was hurt in the 1st period of the Lehigh match, What did he do????

there were rumors he was banged up before the dual but it definitely didn't happen during the match

I figured that--I was at the match and did not see any situation where he might have been injured , except his pride--he was manhandled...if he can go--that is a pretty big hole...

Cael has said that Cortez will not be going this weekend. PSU is likely to give up bonus points in both duals st 133.

You may be right but I haven't seen this stated anywhere. Please post link

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by pish6969

I thought Cortez was sick?

Last I heard about Cortez was before Reno when it was announced he wasn't going but that was like 3 weeks ago. Sanderson has coaches show tonight I'm sure he will have an update

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

125:  Suriano DEC Lambert

133:  Montoya FALL ?

141:  Gulibon DEC McChrystal

149:  Retherford FALL ?

157:  Nolf MDEC Berger

165:  Joseph DEC Arthur

174:  Rasheed DEC Barnes

184:  Dudley DEC Nickal (think this might be one of the worst match ups for Nickal outside of Dean)

197:  Studebaker DEC McCutcheon

HW:  Nevills DEC Jensen

Penn State 25-12

125: Suriano DEC Lambert

133: Montoya FALL ?

141: Gulibon DEC McChrystal

149: Retherford FALL ?

157: Nolf MDEC Berger

165: Joseph DEC Arthur

174: Rasheed DEC Barnes

184: Dudley DEC Nickal (think this might be one of the worst match ups for Nickal outside of Dean)

197: Studebaker DEC McCutcheon

HW: Nevills DEC Jensen

Penn State 25-12

agree with all of this except I think McCrystal wins at 141 McCutcheon could sneak a win over Studebaker but I don't know if it'll happen

Gulibon hasn't competed in a month and I doubt he even makes the trip, which is too bad because Moss will be more competitive.  If Cortez doesn't start then both McKee and Montoya will score bonus.  Lambert is certainly capable of squeaking out a victory, especially after Lizak finishes roughing up Suriano.

Could someone provide a match that shows why all these people are picking dudley?

To be fair, which match proves Nickal is the better pick? Dudley may not be flashy but he is an NCAA finalist up a weight from where Nickal achieved the same placement and has had some good moments against better competition than Nickal. iI's not a stretch to think he would match up well against him.

Edited by wrestlingnerd

Could someone provide a match that shows why all these people are picking dudley?

I'll bite.  Nickal has faced no one of consequence this year so his 7 pins mean little, Dudley beating Dechow has more meaning.

And when we look at last year's results we find:

Jackson beat him 7-6, MM beat him 11-9, Ottinger lost by a point 3-4, MM lost by a point 3-4. 

Nickal will be facing his first tough opponent on the road.  Not hard to see why this could be a small upset (#3 beating #2).

Nickal has beaten two ranked wrestlers this year, jammen. If you think hard enough you can figure it out. 

When I checked wrestlingstat for the records,  I saw only his victory over Steve Schneider from Binghamton as the only ranked 15th,.  I see Imonode is now ranked 25th.  

When I checked wrestlingstat for the records,  I saw only his victory over Steve Schneider from Binghamton as the only ranked 15th,.  I see Imonode is now ranked 25th.  

I was counting Schneider but not the kid from Army, so if you are going to spot me Samson Imonode then I'm going to say he has beaten 3 ranked wrestlers this year.