Sign in to follow this  
aknipp

Nebraska/Penn State

Your argument is equally as dumb. There's no way to run the experiment of putting the same athlete in both rooms and seeing who ends up better. I'm just going off of the evidence of success at the highest level, while you are going off of success in NCAA competition.

The whole thing is dumb..i was just pointing out that Nebraska has more world medals around 174 and is thus the better room. Apparently that's a crazy argument to the psu fans who only value folkstyle results.

I'm not making the argument PSU is better and I'm no PSU fan.  You need to check your own bias before assuming others'.  

I'm saying every good 174 is not served best by the same situation.  There is no one sized fits all way for every 174 to develop.  

Wow.  I am VERY impressed.  Nickal wrestled a COMPLETELY different style than I am used to seeing form in terms of controlled aggression.

Bo very smart match..if we wrestled like that  in NCAA final last year, well he would have his 1st title..IMO

I'm not making the argument PSU is better and I'm no PSU fan. You need to check your own bias before assuming others'.

I'm saying every good 174 is not served best by the same situation. There is no one sized fits all way for every 174 to develop.

All I said that started this whole thing was to disagree with somebody saying PSU has the best room in the country around 174. I'm not doubting that hall is best off there. He can't go to Nebraska because he will challenge Burroughs for 2020.

Last year against Chandler Rogers in the Dual Nickal obviously knew Rogers had no hope other than a Pin, and Nickal picked him apart and destroyed him with leg attacks.  Nickal has every kind of offense you can possibly have and he can beat almost anyone in the country in any position.  I think he just personally likes the big moves.  Maybe the move up to 184 will make him a little more cautious in what kind of move he uses (in a good way).  He is still ultra aggressive, but in a more intelligent way.

when and if Bo meets Dean..I believe he will wrestle the same style he did today... at least that is my thought on  Bo's best chance to beat Dean.

I'm not making the argument PSU is better and I'm no PSU fan.  You need to check your own bias before assuming others'.  

I'm saying every good 174 is not served best by the same situation.  There is no one sized fits all way for every 174 to develop.  

Here is the single most important thing. Mark Hall chose Penn State, which is where this whole saga began. I think someone said he shoulda chose Nebby. 

Edited by TBar1977

Bo very smart match..if we wrestled like that  in NCAA final last year, well he would have his 1st title..IMO

This. I don't think he was going to fully commit to that throw today unless he REALLY felt the position was 100% in his favor, which he probably never felt. Smart. 

Here is the single most important thing. Mark Hall chose Penn State, which is where this whole saga began when Billy said he shoulda chose Nebby.

Find me where I said that. In fact I specifically said he shouldn't have chosen Nebraska because he can't be in the same room as Burroughs. All I said was that Nebraska has the best room for a 174.

Find me where I said that. In fact I specifically said he shouldn't have chosen Nebraska because he can't be in the same room as Burroughs. All I said was that Nebraska has the best room for a 174.

OK. That's fine. But we disagree. Burroughs can't teach Burroughs to a guy like Neb had out there today, and to 99.9% of most others too. 

I guess not then. March will be a good test of depth versus firepower. I just can't believe that psu isn't the favorite.

There are so many variables with them.  133, Gullibon, Rasheed/Morelli could all lose their first match and Cutch could be in trouble if he runs into a full sized 197 pounder who is lanky.

Edited by buckshot1969

I'm unsure who I am most impressed with - McChrystal, Nickal or the PA announcer from the if-it's-not-our-guy-forget-about-it school of broadcasting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, from a PA standpoint, you're not going to pump up the other guy's performance. I gave J'den Cox a bland into during his dual at ODU when I was home for alumni weekend, but during the right pause, introduced him as a bronze medalist for the US, which got a nice ovation from the opposing school.

There is a notable difference in style and prep for PA and broadcasting. Pretty sure no one told the PA guy he'd be the only voice on the feed

Well, from a PA standpoint, you're not going to pump up the other guy's performance. I gave J'den Cox a bland into during his dual at ODU when I was home for alumni weekend, but during the right pause, introduced him as a bronze medalist for the US, which got a nice ovation from the opposing school.

There is a notable difference in style and prep for PA and broadcasting. Pretty sure no one told the PA guy he'd be the only voice on the feed

I enjoyed it - reminded me of hockey. It's homer broadcast team commentary that at times drive me nuts (go figure, I'm like all completely unbiased PSU fans, right?).

The only time I missed them today was when the PA announcer kindly informed me that the ruling on the mat stands and I hadn't a clue as to what was being reviewed. I must have been distracted examining something swimming in my cheese dip.

Kudos for giving the shout out to Mr Cox. We're currently blessed having a couple Olympian medalists wrestling in college right now. Doesn't happen every year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hall would have been crazy to go to Nebraska. They get excellent talent and do an extremely modest amount with it.

You may want to rethink that.  Here are their current rosters:

PSU: 1,3,3,3,4,5,5,7,12,32,35,43,90

NE..: 6,9,17,24,30,32,50,97,99,126