Sign in to follow this  
Perry

Team t row and funky mercenary group

On askren and rowland's latest Pod cast the two discussed putting together a full team (of 30 something year olds) to enter into the 2017 midlands and take down Iowa. It sounds like their confirmed current line up is:

133: Nick Simmons

174: Ben askren

184: max askren

197: Jake Herbert

285: Tommy rowlands

I'm stoked if this is true, that would make for a very memorable midlands. I'm curious who else they may try to get join them. I believe Ben sent a note to Sam hazewinkel to be their 125 ad well.

This would be phenomenal. I never think of traveling to midlands but this actually has me considering it.

Tommy doesn't sound all that confident that he'll get in shape enough. I wonder how many of these guys will have an injury keeping them out!! LOL!

This is the coolest thing I've ever heard, I really really hope it happens

2.0 version. 

Ben and Tommy got the idea rolling again this year, but Herbert and Storniolo had the makings of an Angry Fish-based squad about 6-7 years ago. Herbert even left and easter egg in the name that would have been that team's name. Would be awesome if they make it happen. 

What this needs is someone to raise funds for a booster club to bring the guys in in style and maybe a "last longer" prize: whoever places highest among the geezers gets a cash prize. 

I have to think that Ben at the very least would be a favorite to win it, given how dominating of a wrestler he was and the fact that he is still actively competing, albeit in MMA.  Less confidant in some of the guys who have been sitting on a couch for a decade

Edited by LoStNuMbEr

I have to think that Ben at the very least would be a favorite to win it, given how dominating of a wrestler he was and the fact that he is still actively competing, albeit in MMA.  Less confidant in some of the guys who have been sitting on a couch for a decade

I think Simmons will be right there, seems like the best skill the old folks keep when getting back into The Midlands is their top wrestling.  And Simmons is one of the all-time greats in the top position. 

What weight would they be at? 149/157? Who you got? Teery or Sorenson? Tom or kemmerer? Assuming the brands don't want to cut weight.

If the match were 2-1-1 I would take the Brands….but 3-2-2 goes to the youngsters