Sorenson dec Collica 

Smith dec Kemerrer

Rogers dec Gunther

Crutchmer dec Meyer

Boyd dec Brooks

Weigel dec Wilcke

Stoll dec Schafer

OSU 21-9

Obviously 133, 149, 157, 174, 184, and 285 have varying degrees of potential to go the opposite way.  Obviously I am looking at it through Cowboy orange glasses.  I also think 125 could be bonus and that a pin could be in play at 165.

125 Gilman is the class of this weight.  If Suriano can't go with him he may dominate everyone.  Picc is quick and can get to legs when he is confident he can finish.  He won't be confident here and I think he gets pushed around and broken mentally in a really tough matchup for him.  If he can't kill some time on top to shorten the match, then I think he gets bonused late.

133 The match of the dual (in a dual with some really good ones).  I think Brock is better on his feet, but Clark is far superior on the mat.  This means Brock has to come to Clark and score.  Clark is exactly the kind of physical wrestler and top guy who could expose Brock, but I think Brock is slick enough on his feet to find points.  Plus he's becoming my favorite wrestler and I hope he's ready for this win (if he's not, it's only a matter of time).

141 Heil wins by a TD or a 2-0 RT type match.

149 Sorenson has beaten Collica every time in Folkstyle.  Collica looks far more offensive and has wrestled great this year, but I think Sorenson controls the mat in a way that makes Collica uncomfortable and shuts down his offense.

157 Kemerrer scrambles well enough to beat Smith.  Smith didn't look his best at the scuffle.  Smith didn't have a gas tank the whole tournament.  If the last 2 weeks didn't change that or if the 1 hour weigh in gets to him, Smith goes down.  Really hard match for me to predict.

165 Rogers looked back on track at the scuffle.  He wins here.

174 Crutchmer looked good against everyone not named Mark Hall.  Meyers can definitely win.  I go Crutchmer.

184 Boyd also looked good at the Scuffle.  I think he has more offense and wins this one most times they meet at this point.

197 Weigel by grab and squeeze.

285 Stoll is probably just too big in this matchup of very opposite wrestlers.  I think Schafer is in the same tier of heavyweights, I just don't like the size matchup.  Every second Schafer isn't shooting a double leg against a huge man, he's getting  moved and controlled around the mat.  That's exhausting and tough to overcome.

Not many definitive favorites and should be a great dual.

Agreed. Should be very entertaining. Cowboys should win.

I like Kemerer with the upset here. Smith isn't fully back yet from what I've seen.

Big test for Clark. I like him to barely pass with a 1-point win despite losing the TD battle.

Edited by wrestlingnerd

My predictions from a Hawkeye perspective

Gilman MD Piccinnini   Iowa 4-0

Clark DEC Brock          Iowa 7-0

Heil DEC Carton           Iowa 7-3

Sorensen DEC Collica  Iowa 10-3

Kemerer DEC Smith     Iowa 13-3

Rogers PIN Marinelli     Iowa 13-9

Crutchmer DEC Meyer Iowa 13-12

Brooks DEC Boyd         Iowa 16-12

Weigel DEC Wilcke       Iowa 16-15

Stoll DEC Schafer         Iowa 19-15

I think the biggest matches will be 133, and 149-184. Clarks biggest test yet back from injury, he still looks as stingy as he always has, I think that gets him the win, but Brock is extremely slick and could catch Clark off guard with a few slick TD's. 

Sorensen is unbeaten vs Collica and I think he continues that streak, but it's not a guarantee, Collica has been wrestling very well this year, hasn't had any really 'down' moments like he has in the past seasons prior to post season. 

Kemerer and Smith the marquee matchup of the night IMO. Smith hasn't looked quite as sharp this season as he did last prior to his injury, also Kem has been looking rock solid thus far, think he stays unbeaten on the year.  

For those who watched Iowa vs MSU, Gunthers shoulder looks like it could be potentially injured, which may force Brands hand with The Bull.  Just guessing that Marinellis shirt finally comes off, with Gunthers injury being the straw that broke the camels back.  I think Marinelli is every bit as good as Rogers, but Rogers is a big 165, and he is VERY dangerous from a pinning perspective.  Given its his home mat, and there always seems to be something big that happens when Iowa/OSU wrestle, I gave Rogers the benefit of the doubt and say he catches Marinelli with something big, especially considering MArinelli is a bit undersized. 

Meyer vs Crutchmer is a tossup IMO. Whoever decides to pull the trigger will win. These two have had a lot of great matches, I think Meyer leads the series 2-1 or it may be tied 1-1.  They had an epic match at Grapple on the gridiron last season, with Crutchmer pulling the win out with a Clutch TD in the 3rd period. 

Brooks and Boyd, another tossup.  Should be a barn burner, both guys let it all hang loose on the mat, and should make for some fireworks. 

Essentially I think 133, and 149-184 are pretty much all tossups and the dual will be decided in the 149-184 stretch.  Iowa NEEDS 3 out of the 5, or 4 of them if Clark loses, in order to come out victorious. 

Edited by LaxHawk174

125:  Gilman MDEC Piccininni

133:  Clark DEC Brock

141:  Heil DEC Carton

149:  Sorensen DEC Collica

157:  Kemerer DEC Jojo Smith

165:  Rogers FALL Gunther

174:  Crutchmer DEC Meyer

184:  Brooks DEC Boyd

197:  Weigel DEC Wilcke

HW:  Stoll DEC Schafer

19-15 Iowa

Edited by VakAttack

125:  Gilman MAJ Piccininni (0-4) Pic will have to be careful not to give up TF

133:  Brock DEC Clark (3-4) Kade's style/talent like Garrett/Brewer & Clark coming off injury 

141:  Heil DEC Carton (6-4) Carton wrestling well but Heil is master of the close win

149:  Sorensen DEC Collica (6-7) Possible upset but I'm not predicting it

157:  Kemerer DEC Jojo Smith (6-10) Kemerer looks good so far; Smith not so much

165:  Rogers MAJ Gunther (10-10) Fall is possible

174:  Crutchmer DEC Meyer (13-10)

184:  Boyd DEC Brooks (16-10) Toss-Up; I'll take the home wrestler

197:  Weigel DEC Wilcke (19-10)

HW:  Stoll DEC Schafer (19-13)

OSU 19  Iowa 13

Edited by Flying-Tiger

Gilman Major

Clark Dec.

Heil Dec.

Sorenson Dec

Kemerer Dec

Rogers Pin

Crutchmer Dec.

Boyd dec.

Weigel Dec

Schafer Dec. 

OSU 21-13

Wow didn't think I would have OSU that big... I really feel 33, 57, 84, and Heavy could go either way. 

Gilman major but could be more, piccininni hasn't looked on lately. 4-0

Brock decision, I think his wide open style will cause problems for a returning Clark. Not saying he won't reverse it come March.4-3

Heil decision, might fall asleep during this one.

4-6

Sorenson decision, could be collica if he comes out firing like he did against Mayes.

7-6

Kemmerer decision, Smith doesn't look himself so far but he is just getting back on the mat.

10-6

Rogers fall, looked impressive at the scuffle and have a feeling he will go for broke here.

10-12

Crutchmer Dec, really a toss up but Meyer starts slow.

10-15

Boyd decision, toss up as well but he's been game this year.

10-18

Weigel decision, low scoring match.

10-21

Stoll decision, to big for schafer.

13-21 osu

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Gilman TF Piccininni

Clark dec Brock

Heil dec Carton

Collica dec Sorenson (upset special) 

Smith dec Kemmerer

Rodgers dec Marinelli (I think it comes off Sun)

Meyer dec Crutchmer

Boyd dec Brooks

Weigal md Wilke

Stoll dec Schafer

OSU 19 Iowa 14

Gilman Maj         4-0

Clark close Dec   7-0

Heil close Dec     7-3

Sorenson close Dec (Collica seems to be on his game right now)   10-3

Kemerer close Dec (unless Smith found his tank)   13-3

Rogers Fall    13-9

Crutchmer close Dec   13-12

Boyd not so close Dec   13-15

Weigel Maj  13-19

Stoll Fall (something weird will happen)   19-19

Iowa 19 - OKST 19

Edited by unbiased

this will be a greet dual!  

they way I see Iowa has 2 for sure wins 125 and 157---all others are toss up and will been fun to watch

I don't see 157 as a "for sure" win.  Jojo is awesome.

Iowa is a heavy favorite at 125 and favored at 133, 149, 157, and HW.

Okie State is heavily favored at 141, 165 and 197; they are favored 174.

184 is a toss up, though Brooks has been the better man both times they wrestled, those were before Boyd jumped levels.

I don't see 157 as a "for sure" win.  Jojo is awesome.

Iowa is a heavy favorite at 125 and favored at 133, 149, 157, and HW.

Okie State is heavily favored at 141, 165 and 197; they are favored 174.

184 is a toss up, though Brooks has been the better man both times they wrestled, those were before Boyd jumped levels.

Better man?  Is that a sportsmanship thing?  Because they are 1-1 against each other.  

Better man?  Is that a sportsmanship thing?  Because they are 1-1 against each other.  

Well, you see, in the first match Brooks was beating him handily and tried and ill-advised throw and put himself on his back.  That's a little thing called analysis.

Well, you see, in the first match Brooks was beating him handily and tried and ill-advised throw and put himself on his back.  That's a little thing called analysis.

My bad.  I didn't realize I was supposed to be analyzing.  I'll dig deeper and figure out why Boyd's 2 takedowns in that match don't count and Brooks' 2 TDs do.   

Edited by boconnell