boconnell

OSU vs Iowa

Serious question... if Stoll locks up a body lock do you expect him to hold the guy in the middle or like pull him on top of him or something? Why is it on Stoll to make sure his opponent engages in that situation? Schafer has plenty of options. He chose to back off the mat repeatedly.

Schafer's leg offense was clearly better he should have went for that more often.

Edited by wrestlingphish

Serious question... if Stoll locks up a body lock do you expect him to hold the guy in the middle or like pull him on top of him or something? Why is it on Stoll to make sure his opponent engages in that situation? Schafer has plenty of options. He chose to back off the mat repeatedly.

Schafer's leg offense was clearly better he should have went for that more often.

He didn't choose to. He had no choice. He was at a massive size disadvantage and a strength disadvantage as well. Stoll just repeatedly drove him off the mat. Shafer was trying to circle but unable to due to the size difference. 

Stay classy Vak....blind squirrel/nut etc etc....

What exactly was not classy about my post?  I called the match a tossup beforehand, anjd I'll feel that way again despite the score.  I just think Brooks has a great style to beat Boyd.

Thoughts on the dual:

125:  Gilman is the man.  Not much to say.

133:  Not terribly worried about this match in the future.  I knew it would be close.  It was.  It will be close again.  I will not be shocked by Brock or Clark winning if they wrestle again.  They both wrestled really well, very thin margin.

141:  Nice job by Topher, but hard to gauge against Heil who doesn't tend to blow people's doors off.  Carton is a solid wrestler, just outclassed.  Can he sneak onto the podium?

149:  Honestly haven't watched this yet.  Not shocking that it was close.  I feel fine about Brandon winning this match when it counts.

157:  Another close one.  KemDawg a slight bit better, but again, wouldn't be shocked if Jojo won a rematch.

165:  Not much to say here.  Not even Iowa's starter, but the starter ain't great either.  Rogers did exactly what he should, and Iowa has a big gaping hole.

174:  Meyer continues to be the most frustrating wrestler to watch.  Crutchmer is better than him, but you expect a better effort from a senior.

184:  Great showing by Brooks, but still think this is a tossup in the future.  This is about as good as you can expect a match to go for Brooks in this matchup.

197:  Another hole for Iowa.  Weigel should be doing more than he does against this level of guy.

HWT:  Haven't watched this one yet either.  Sounds bad.

Yup, your team got their a$$ handed to them but you can walk away feeling good about that match at least.....

LOL.  You got me.  My team lost a couple of matches by razor thin margins, but the score looks bad.  If Clark and SOrensen pull switch their razor thin losses and they call that pin for Brooks, Iowa wins.  Regardless, we lost and I never said we didn't.  It wasn't an ass whooping on the mat in terms of each result, but the score shows it as being a blowout.  Whatever.  We all understand how dual scoring works, and Okie State was the better team.  It just wasn't an ass whooping.

LOL.  You got me.  My team lost ...  It just wasn't an ass whooping.

Kaffee: You think my father would've?

Sam: With the evidence we got, not in a million years. But here's the thing, and there's really no way of getting around this. Neither Lionel Kaffee nor Sam Weinberg is lead defense in the matter, so there's really only one question. Would Gilman think it was an ass whooping?

Sammy Brooks is a senior and doesn't know how to do a near side cradle. He needed to put his head in the hip.

Schafer needed to circle to the trail leg so he wouldn't get pushed out of bounds. First thing I teach beginning wrestlers is Sumo, so they will own the center circle

Dominating win score wise for OSU, but many matches were razor thin winsq

Would Gilman think it was an ass whooping?

Gilman did his job, but considering his pre-dual comments, he probably thinks his team got ass-whooped.

“We’re going to go down there. We’re going to invade them. We’re going to kick the crap out of them and that’s going to be that. We’ve done that ever since I’ve been here.”