boconnell

OSU vs Iowa

I don't see 157 as a "for sure" win.  Jojo is awesome.

Iowa is a heavy favorite at 125 and favored at 133, 149, 157, and HW.

Okie State is heavily favored at 141, 165 and 197; they are favored 174.

184 is a toss up, though Brooks has been the better man both times they wrestled, those were before Boyd jumped levels.

My Bad..I missed typed i meant 149  not 157

and I agree on paper Okie State the fav  but Iowa always comes to wrestle! should be a great match.

I think on paper they are close enough to call it a toss up. 4th to 8th isnt that big of a difference, well unless the top 4 were all world beaters and there was an obvious drop off, which I don't see as the case. Your definition of upset is a lot more lose then mine or Vak's it seems, thats fine I guess, but in my opinion, with even the stuff you posted, they are close enough to call it a toss up. But I guess 4 vs 5 (florankings) can be called an upset if you want.

Correct.

The Champ is the Champ and that is what is remembered down the road, unless Nickal changes that in the future it stands.

I agree that the champ is the champ, and thats all that matters. But I'm also going to admit the better wrestler probably lost that match. That happens sometimes, you can win a match and not be the better wrestler.

Great match ups!  The Pokes should be getting close to mid season shape, and of course the Hawks are never lower than mid season shape.  Home field advantage, well, let's see what the incoming ice storm does.  I think there will be two bonus point matches.  Could it come down to an 18-18 winner by criteria match?  Both teams get one pin.  My guess would be that someone heroes to pull the team win before it gets to that. 

John Smith has his guys ready and they will win. Brands has taken a step or two backwards lately in getting guys motivated and their performance shows it. I think he misses his brother.

...his brother is his associate head coach and at every match.  What in the hell are you talking about?

This dual is a straight up toss up, even in Gallagher IBA.

125: Gliman should at least md, anything less is OSU's momentum    4-0

133: Toss Up, take Clark on experience                                               7-0

141: Heil needs to bonus Carton, not known for points                        7-3

149: Toss Up, but Sorenson is still the favorite                                     10-3

157: Toss Up, yes correct.  Smith not sharp yet and kemerer is legit    OSU needs it           10-6

165: Rogers over Gunther, pin potential because of style                     10-12

174: Toss Up, Krutch not the same, Meyer is a WTF wrestler, but is due in this rivalry               13-12

184: Toss Up (but Boyd the fav VAK, ha ha)                                           13-15

197: Weigel over Wilcke                                                                          13-18

285: Toss Up: Stoll favorite though                                                          16-18 OSU

125: Gilman MDec 4-0

133: Brock Dec 4-3

141: Heil Dec 4-6

149: Collica Dec 4-9

157: Kemerer Dec 7-9

165: Rogers MDec 7-13

174: Crutchmer Dec 7-16

184: Boyd Dec Brooks 7-19

197: Weigel Dec 7-22

HWT: Stoll Dec 10-22

Edit: Iowa can easily win this dual by flipping 149 and 133 which they are rightfully favored in.

Edited by bigtenfan

THIS ONE ALL COMES DOWN REALLY TO BONUS PTS !

HERE IS MY GUESS!

125: Gilman MDec                                    4-0
133: CLARK                                              7-0
141: Heil                                                    7-4

149: SORENSON                                     10-4 
157: KEMMER                                           13-4
165: Rogers MDec                                    13-8
174: Crutchmer Dec                                  13-11
184: Boyd Dec Brooks                              13-14
197: Weigel                                               13-17
HWT: Stoll Dec                                          16-17

OK STATE BY 1 

FRANK C

Edited by cangemi

And he was.  Lets use the most extreme example I can think of, Rob Rohn vs. Josh Lambrecht.  Lambrecht was clearly the better man in that match, but he didn't win it.  It happens.

Off topic (but you went there).. disagree with the Rohn analogy.  Lambrecht was taken down by Rohn and Rohn was still ahead in the second until Lambrecht started tilting him.  We all know what happened in the third.

So my summary is the Rohn was better on his feet and won the 1st period  Lambretch had a better 2nd period and Rohn had the dominant 3rd.

Off topic (but you went there).. disagree with the Rohn analogy.  Lambrecht was taken down by Rohn and Rohn was still ahead in the second until Lambrecht started tilting him.  We all know what happened in the third.

So my summary is the Rohn was better on his feet and won the 1st period  Lambretch had a better 2nd period and Rohn had the dominant 3rd.

And Rohn actually won the match by pin. I'm not sure how he wasn't "clearly the better man".