Sign in to follow this  
Housebuye

Which #1 will lose first?

Now that we have entered the tough part of the season, many of the #1s will be facing top level competition. 

interestingly, not a single pre-season #1 has lost a match, which is rare this far in. 

I included who each will be facing in the near future in duals that are highly ranked. This does not include tournaments at all, including conference and NCAAs (for obvious reasons)

Thomas Gilman

1/15 - Piccinnini

1/20 - Suriano

1/27 - Jose Rodriguez

2/5   - Lizak

2/12 - Lambert 

Cory Clark

1/15 - Brock

1/27 - Tomosello

2/12 - Montoya

Dean Heil

1/27 - Maybe Eierman?

2/10 - Meredith

Zain Rutherford

1/20 - Sorenson

2/3   - Jordan

Jason Nolf 

1/20 - Kemerer

Isaiah Martinez

1/20 - Massa

2/10 - Joseph

Bo Jordan

1/15 - Brunson

1/27 - Meyer

Gabe Dean

2/20 - Ian Baker? (this is the best guy he will face I think, but isn't on the level of the rest of the people listed above)

J'den Cox

1/27 - Weigel

Kyle Snyder - I don't know if he will be at these duals. 

1/27 - Stoll

2/3 - Nevills

2/12 - Kroells 

Now that we have entered the tough part of the season, many of the #1s will be facing top level competition. 

interestingly, not a single pre-season #1 has lost a match, which is rare this far in. 

I included who each will be facing in the near future in duals that are highly ranked. This does not include tournaments at all, including conference and NCAAs (for obvious reasons)

I hadn't realized that, pretty crazy to have that be the case now that all the major mid-season tournaments are behind us.  Sadly I think it has as much to do with how few top guys have wrestled this year as anything else.

Is it just me or did Midlands/Scuffle really lack in Marquee matchups this year?

Clark would be my guess. Imar has an interesting road ahead as well, really looking forward to the massa match. I predict gilman will win through big 10s but Lizak and sauriano will really show if he's as far ahead of everyone else as he seems to be.

I hadn't realized that, pretty crazy to have that be the case now that all the major mid-season tournaments are behind us.  Sadly I think it has as much to do with how few top guys have wrestled this year as anything else.

Is it just me or did Midlands/Scuffle really lack in Marquee matchups this year?

Nah, I think you are spot on. For example, Bo Jordan could have met Zahid Valencia a bunch of times by now but not one time has it actually happened. Snyder has a limited schedule and Clark missed Midlands.  I'm sure there are other examples. 

Some of the number 1's are pretty dominant and unlikely to lose anyway. 

Edited by TBar1977

No. That will be their first test. They don't wrestle in the duals. Sorry. That was a confusing post.

Out of curiosity, are there any other top wrestlers who have children? That's gotta be a tough balance.