TBar1977

Over/Under How many times will

Kudos to Stoll for using the rules to his advantage, but there is something wrong when one wrestler can take all the shots in a match with his opponent taking zero and he gets called for stalling three times to none. I am fine with the step up rule as in freestyle, but let's make it an actual rule. Dont call it stalling. Schaffer wasn't stalling he was being pushed out of bounds by a bigger opponent who is good at pushing people out. If he deserves a point for that just give him the point don't say his opponent is stalling.

The over won. Line was set at 6.5 and Stoll shoved him oob 8 times. 

Schafer was `100 percent the aggressor all match, but Stoll got 2 free points for just leaning on him and shoving him OOB. Justice prevailed and the right guy won in spite of the free points. 

Edited by TBar1977

Schafer attacked but he also played the edge a lot.  I might have dinged Stoll for not letting him in, as his gameplan looked a little blatant to me, but you can't give as much ground as Schafer and then complain about stall calls.  But at least the deserving wrestler won that one.

The over won. Line was set at 6.5 and Stoll shoved him oob 8 times. 

Schafer was `100 percent the aggressor all match, but Stoll got 2 free points for just leaning on him and shoving him OOB. Justice prevailed and the right guy won in spite of the free points. 

free points.......you must have voted for hillary  

Edited by hammerlockthree

M]embers of the NCAA Wrestling Rules Committee determined that when wrestling is stopped in the neutral standing position for going out of bounds, the referee can make one of the three following calls:

• Stalling on one or both wrestlers for leaving the wrestling area.

• Stalling for pushing or pulling the opponent out of bounds.

• Wrestling action is taking place. (It should be noted that a tie-up, including an under hook with no attempt to initiate an offensive move, is not considered an offensive or defensive attack).

I still do not think they call it correctly

I think the biggest reason they don't call it correctly is because they call it stalling.  

It's hard to call a guy for stalling when he doesn't appear to be stalling other than the out of bounds.  I think they should have a warning and then points for taking the action out of bounds, and that it should be a separate thing from stalling.  Just like false starts are separate from penalty points.  That way you could call the edge in a way that makes guys stay in bounds, but you don't have it conflicting with what we all know to be stalling.

TBar1977, on 11 Jan 2017 - 1:52 PM, said:snapback.png

Sam Stoll push Shafer straight off the mat this Sunday? The over / under is set at 6.5.  

I'll take the under, in fact I will GUARANTEE that Stoll won't push Shafer off the mat even once this Sunday, the answer is zero!

ahh ... forgot to check back, did I win?  ;)