MSU158

Boy do I love me some Gilman(More fuel for his haters)

Here is his portion of this piece:http://www.thegazette.com/subject/sports/iowas-cory-clark-said-he-feels-good-after-return-to-competition-20170111

CORRALLING COWBOYS

Iowa’s Thomas Gilman didn’t hold back when asked about the characteristics he can expect from an Oklahoma State opponent when the third-ranked Hawkeyes travel to Stillwater, Okla., to face the top-ranked Cowboys on Sunday.

“Stalling,” said Gilman, who is top-ranked at 125 and will have No. 12 Nick Puccininni. “They have a small mat down there. They don’t like to wrestle hard. They’ll fool you. They’ll say they want to wrestle hard … they want to play the edge and run around. They like to dance around and grab and twist your ankle.

“You’ve got to grab a hold of guys like that that dance around. You have to throw them down hard.”

Iowa has three straight victories over Oklahoma State, winning last season’s “Grapple on the Gridiron” at Kinnick Stadium and beating the Cowboys 30-7 two years ago in Stillwater. The Hawkeyes have also won 21 straight road duals.

Gilman said he doesn’t focus on the rivalry and history.

“We’re going to go down there,” Gilman said. “We’re going to invade them. We’re going to kick the crap out of them and that’s going to be that. We’ve done that ever since I’ve been here.”

Don't get me wrong - I'm no fan of Thomas Gilman for other reasons, but I have no issue with a little trash talk in wrestling.  The sport could use more colorful characters.  If I hear one more interview where a wrestler talks about "getting to my offense and scoring points..." 

Lol. What hilarious is MSU posted this thinking people would be upset. So far from the responses it seems everyone likes this kind of talk. You trolled yourself MSU! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope.  This post wasn't for those that posted nice things.  It was for all those that hate Iowa and Gilman, REGARDLESS of what is posted in this topic whether they admit it here or not!

Also, I was WAY TOO STRAIGHTFORWARD for this to be trolling.  Trolling would have been to just post the article and give no opinion or reason for it.

Nope. This post wasn't for those that posted nice things. It was for all those that hate Iowa and Gilman, REGARDLESS of what is posted in this topic whether they admit it here or not!

Also, I was WAY TOO STRAIGHTFORWARD for this to be trolling. Trolling would have been to just post the article and give no opinion or reason for it.

First let's not kid ourselves. You were trying to troll and it backfired.

Secondly, maybe I'm in the minority but I don't "hate" any team. More importantly I love watching guys that are exciting to watch which includes Gilman.

I would think most posters here appreciate the "point scoring" wrestlers regardless of what team they're on

As far his braggadocious comments. I think most people like when people speak their minds and don't say the standard boring stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This could have gone both ways. I admit I guessed the other.

But I am on the record learning to appreciate Gilman even after the StormTheHuddle incident in Minny (which resulted in him getting stuck by Brancale).

Edited by headshuck