MSU158

Boy do I love me some Gilman(More fuel for his haters)

Just heard an interesting little tidbit.  Can anyone confirm or deny?  A close friend told me that after the dual team handshake, that Gilligan stayed on the mat and was calling out OSU wrestlers, coaches, anyone.  I guess it finally ended when they had to restrain a certain ex-wrestler that had heard enough and was going out to shut him up. 

Just heard an interesting little tidbit.  Can anyone confirm or deny?  A close friend told me that after the dual team handshake, that Gilligan stayed on the mat and was calling out OSU wrestlers, coaches, anyone.  I guess it finally ended when they had to restrain a certain ex-wrestler that had heard enough and was going out to shut him up. 

No idea but in the post match flo interview with Coach Smith he said he heard Gilman was saying things after the match was over so possible confirmation

Hacksaw Jim Duggan? Or maybe, Jake "The Snake" Roberts?

Report at end was that Iowa had been deducted team point. I challenged that with individual in that everyone was reporting 24-11 on official sites. The individual indicated the GIA announcer had said final was 24-10 after deduct. Appears there was not an official point deduction, perhaps just error in announcing. However sounded clear that at least Gilman, Terry B, and Eric G were "discussing" sump'n.

Just heard an interesting little tidbit. Can anyone confirm or deny? A close friend told me that after the dual team handshake, that Gilligan stayed on the mat and was calling out OSU wrestlers, coaches, anyone. I guess it finally ended when they had to restrain a certain ex-wrestler that had heard enough and was going out to shut him up.

Here is video of what you speak of:

https://twitter.com/CPyles8/status/820782028924796928

If you read his lips, it looks like he is saying "hey coach Smith, I'll kick your and JoJo's azz!"

Edited by Flying-Tiger

Got to love Gillman !

“I think Twitter is silly, Facebook is silly,” Gilman said. “If you’re going to run your mouth, then do it to the guy’s face in the media where they can watch the video or in the locker room before the weigh-in that’s really running your mouth. But don’t hide behind the keyboard, and you have a good workout and you’re, “Ah, I’m feeling pretty tough today. I’m going to go run my mouth, or run my fingers, on social media.”

http://www.trackwrestling.com/tw/PortalPost.jsp?postId=339452076