Sign in to follow this  
DotCom

Iowa Beats Penn State!

So what is the outcome if Iowa wins tonight?

My guess is Iowa fans will swarm these boards bragging up their accomplishments not realizing that it means little come March. However, most fans will directly ignore this fact and talk smack as though the Hawks should be favored to win it all come March. Only to have reality start setting in at Big10's and then finally during the NCAA's.

Any other predictions about how fans will handle an Iowa victory?

My guess is Iowa fans will swarm these boards bragging up their accomplishments not realizing that it means little come March. However, most fans will directly ignore this fact and talk smack as though the Hawks should be favored to win it all come March. Only to have reality start setting in at Big10's and then finally during the NCAA's.

It's very cold in Iowa. Should be more so tonight. Iowa City is particularly miserable because of the river. I was going to do the Hawkeye Wrestling Club polar bear plunge tomorrow but my girlfriend and a doctor talked me out of it.

Oh well. I'll pick the Ravens. Have a nice weekend everyone.

I doubt there will be much smack talk as there was little after Iowa beat the Gophers even after most people picked the Gophers.

National Duals will settle who is the best dual team anyway.

Agreed. Whoever wins, there won't be any chest thumping. Should be a good dual that could go either way.

A dual win is fun, but it isn't a huge deal. Nationals is.

So a thread title indicating Iowa has already beat Penn State. Didn't know they moved the meet up and if you were there to witness the victory, why are you on here asking questions? :roll: Of course if you weren't there and they didn't move the meet up why not post your questions in the already existing thread? :roll: :roll:

I'm just looking forward to a good match. Hoping PSU pulls out a win, but should be a great night of wrestling either way. Gonna be a loud and rowdy crowd at CHA.....great atmosphere. 125 and 174 are gonna be worth the price of admission alone.

This the worst of all possible worlds. The only thing worse than an Iowa victory would be a Penn State win and then having to listen to their fans who have followed wrestling for a whole two years.

Would be interesting to see how the number of viewers for this match compares to other matches shown on BTN and how the number compares to other non ball sports shown on BTN. Does anyone know how to access those numbers after the match ? If this match and others have good numbers then wrestling will get more air time and better time slots. Spread the word.

Anyone have a link to watch this online? Can't seem to find anything on BTN's site. Thanks in advance!

I'm pretty sure its live on the Ocho.

Try again...it's live on BTN proper at 9 PM Eastern. (right after the Michigan State/Michigan hockey game at Yost Ice Arena)

Thanks guys! Looks like BTN2Go is the only way to view it online. Time to call cable company.

I'm pretty sure its live on the Ocho.

Try again...it's live on BTN proper at 9 PM Eastern. (right after the Michigan State/Michigan hockey game at Yost Ice Arena)

Thanks guys! Looks like BTN2Go is the only way to view it online. Time to call cable company.

Heads will roll if that goes to OT.

Now rumors are swirling that Cael is going to bump guys up. But why, the dual means nothing! If he does, clearly we need a new thread discussing Cael not realizing this means little. What a dope.

Now rumors are swirling that Cael is going to bump guys up. But why, the dual means nothing! If he does, clearly we need a new thread discussing Cael not realizing this means little. What a dope.

Why? You ask. Becuase it is fun! Because if they keep score then it DOES matter. Doing so won't hurt Cael's team at all and will give them a real sense of 'team'. TEAM can be a big deal if the nationals are VERY close and a guy must gut out an escape to lose only be a decision vs. a major. Trying to win is never dopey.

Why? You ask. Becuase it is fun! Because if they keep score then it DOES matter. Doing so won't hurt Cael's team at all and will give them a real sense of 'team'. TEAM can be a big deal if the nationals are VERY close and a guy must gut out an escape to lose only be a decision vs. a major. Trying to win is never dopey.