aknipp

Nebraska over Wisconsin

Nice bounce back by Nebraska.  McCrystal was impressive at 141,  also Williams kept it close to I-Jo.  Backup went against Medbery, not that the starter would have fared much better.  

Nebraska 28, Wisconsin 11

125: Tim Lambert, NU, tech. fall Johnny Jimenez, 19-1.

133: Eric Montoya, NU, major dec. Eli Stickley, 10-1.

141: Colton McCrystal, NU, major dec. Cole Martin, 11-2.

149: Andrew Crone, UW, dec. Collin Purinton, 10-7.

157: Tyler Berger, NU, major dec. Jarod Donar, 14-4.

165: Isaac Jordan, UW, dec. Dustin Williams, 4-1.

174: Micah Barnes, NU, dec. Ryan Christensen, 8-1.

184: TJ Dudley, NU, tech. fall Jake Stilling, 18-0.

197: Aaron Studebaker, NU, dec. Riley Robertson, 4-3.

HWT: Conor Medbery, UW, tech. fall David Jensen, 16-0.

I think VT has the best chance at grabbing a top 4 finish. Mizzou lost too much with Miklus and several other guys have been under performing all season. Nebraska just doesn't have enough horses to get there. VT, especially with a game McFadden is a notch above the other two right now. I'm sure Dresser would be thrilled to take another top 4 trophy away from Iowa this season.

Attended this dual and Nebraska was ready to wrestle as they brought tons of energy. Wisconsin on the other hand was flat as the Nebraska plains. Wasn't a fan of watching Berger wrestle. Kid slams and slams and slams. Barry Davis finally had to stop the match and talk to the referee. Refereee should have stopped it before Barry had to say anything. Then when Berger won he did the 'feed me' motion. So you are a top ranked wrestler who just beat a backup and you do that? Outside of that Nebraska brought it. Was disappointed that Manning held out Collin Jensen versus Medbery. Don't understand coaches holding back guys to 'protect' their seed. It's a part of wrestling that I don't enjoy.

When both Jensen boys were announced at the beginning it was clear what the plan was. If the match was out of hand, like it was, Manning wasn't going to throw Collin out their. If the match was close were a win was needed or not to get pinned Collin was going to wrestle.

Wasn't there but watched it on BTN plus ... Didn't really notice the slams or they didn't stand out to me..I think he broke Donar real early and rag dolled him easily. Overall, out side of Medberry and Robertson, Wisconsin needs to get a hold of some GRIT!

Don't know the extent of Jordans injury but he has not looked good the last couple matches.

When both Jensen boys were announced at the beginning it was clear what the plan was. If the match was out of hand, like it was, Manning wasn't going to throw Collin out their. If the match was close were a win was needed or not to get pinned Collin was going to wrestle.

Yeah it just wasn't to protect any seed. Maybe to protect his ego.

Attended this dual and Nebraska was ready to wrestle as they brought tons of energy. Wisconsin on the other hand was flat as the Nebraska plains. Wasn't a fan of watching Berger wrestle. Kid slams and slams and slams. Barry Davis finally had to stop the match and talk to the referee. Refereee should have stopped it before Barry had to say anything. Then when Berger won he did the 'feed me' motion. So you are a top ranked wrestler who just beat a backup and you do that? Outside of that Nebraska brought it. Was disappointed that Manning held out Collin Jensen versus Medbery. Don't understand coaches holding back guys to 'protect' their seed. It's a part of wrestling that I don't enjoy.

Wisconsin was sick!