Sign in to follow this  
treep2000

Illinois v. tOSU Predictions

Using Wrestlestat.com as a guide, here's my prediction (FWIW):  

125: JROD dec. Piotrowski.  Wrestlestat has JROD winning by major.  I still am not sold 100% that JROD is this world-beater.  Close match.  Hope I'm wrong.

3-0 tOSU

133: NaTo dec. Richards.  The site has it 7-6.  I can see that.  I could also see 7-3.  I could also see a Richards win.  Going with NaTo in the highlight match of the night.  

6-0 tOSU

141:  Pletcher MDec. Joudeh.  Same as the site.  I like Pletcher.  He's literally just scratching the surface on his potential.  

10-0 tOSU

149:  Jordan dec. Ervin.  Site has it as a MDec.  I think Ervin keeps it closer than tOSU fans want it to be.  

13-0 tOSU

157:  Langenderfer dec. Ryan.  Site has Ryan with a decision.  Until Ryan beats anyone of substance, I'm going with the opponent.  

13-3 tOSU

165:  IMART MDec. Burcher.  Site has it as a major as well, however, I think Burcher continues to impress, and keeps it from a tech/pin.  He has slowed down the top guys he's wrestled, and has kept it very respectable.

13-7 tOSU

174:  BoJo dec. Brunson.  Site has it as a MD for BoJo.  I'm still not 100% sure that BoJo can light it up like some of the PSU guys.  He has the talent.  He has the technique/strength.  He also has other priorities.  Keeping it at a decision until I see BoJo pull some Nickal/Zain/Nolf moves.

16-7 tOSU

184:  Martin dec. Parker.  Site has it the same.  top 20 guys and Martin are interesting matches.  Outside of top 20, Martin's blasting them, looking like the "champ".  Not so much inside Top 20.

19-7 tOSU

197:  Moore MDec. Lee.  Site has it the same.  I REALLY like Moore.  I REALLY like his progression and development.  This stylistic mimicking of Kyle Snyder is paying huge dividends.  The Cox match sealed the deal for me, and quite frankly, banging with Snyder every... single... day... is going to work wonders for this kid.  

23-7 tOSU

HWT:  Snyder MDec. Black.  Site has it the same... IF IF IF Snyder wrestles.  I sure hope he shows.  If so, this could easily be a tech.  I'll go conservative and stick with a major, with another TD clinic put on by Snyder.  If he does tech, I suspect him practicing his turns in an attempt for another pinfall.  Why not right?

28-7 tOSU

here's the link:  http://www.wrestlestat.com/compare/dual/32/illinois/55/ohio-state

Thoughts?

Using Wrestlestat.com as a guide, here's my prediction (FWIW):  

125: JROD dec. Piotrowski.  Wrestlestat has JROD winning by major.  I still am not sold 100% that JROD is this world-beater.  Close match.  Hope I'm wrong.

3-0 tOSU

133: NaTo dec. Richards.  The site has it 7-6.  I can see that.  I could also see 7-3.  I could also see a Richards win.  Going with NaTo in the highlight match of the night.  

6-0 tOSU

141:  Pletcher MDec. Joudeh.  Same as the site.  I like Pletcher.  He's literally just scratching the surface on his potential.  

10-0 tOSU

149:  Jordan dec. Ervin.  Site has it as a MDec.  I think Ervin keeps it closer than tOSU fans want it to be.  

13-0 tOSU

157:  Langenderfer dec. Ryan.  Site has Ryan with a decision.  Until Ryan beats anyone of substance, I'm going with the opponent.  

13-3 tOSU

165:  IMART MDec. Burcher.  Site has it as a major as well, however, I think Burcher continues to impress, and keeps it from a tech/pin.  He has slowed down the top guys he's wrestled, and has kept it very respectable.

13-7 tOSU

174:  BoJo dec. Brunson.  Site has it as a MD for BoJo.  I'm still not 100% sure that BoJo can light it up like some of the PSU guys.  He has the talent.  He has the technique/strength.  He also has other priorities.  Keeping it at a decision until I see BoJo pull some Nickal/Zain/Nolf moves.

16-7 tOSU

184:  Martin dec. Parker.  Site has it the same.  top 20 guys and Martin are interesting matches.  Outside of top 20, Martin's blasting them, looking like the "champ".  Not so much inside Top 20.

19-7 tOSU

197:  Moore MDec. Lee.  Site has it the same.  I REALLY like Moore.  I REALLY like his progression and development.  This stylistic mimicking of Kyle Snyder is paying huge dividends.  The Cox match sealed the deal for me, and quite frankly, banging with Snyder every... single... day... is going to work wonders for this kid.  

23-7 tOSU

HWT:  Snyder MDec. Black.  Site has it the same... IF IF IF Snyder wrestles.  I sure hope he shows.  If so, this could easily be a tech.  I'll go conservative and stick with a major, with another TD clinic put on by Snyder.  If he does tech, I suspect him practicing his turns in an attempt for another pinfall.  Why not right?

28-7 tOSU

here's the link:  http://www.wrestlestat.com/compare/dual/32/illinois/55/ohio-state

Thoughts?

Don't think you'll see Ervin. IL "could" win 4 but might be only 1, just the way it is right now.

What happened to Brooks Black?

Sad that keping it respectable at 165 could probably turn into wins and a shot at AA at 157. Tom Ryan clueless. Or just blatant nepotism

Come on man. OSU has this in the bag, and everybody knows it. Ryan will do what he thinks best for his team.

He has a huge leg wrap going too though, so maybe he's hurt.  But it's two straight beatdowns by non ranked guys, if something doesn't change fast he isn't winning a match at Big Tens. 

I bet the 1 hour weigh in is giving him problems.