Sign in to follow this  
maligned

What are US/Iran/Russia predicted 2017 and 2020 lineups with the proposed new weight classes?

What are everyone's thoughts on 2017 lineups if we go to the proposed 10 weights and SAME DAY weigh-ins?  How about potential 2020 Olympic lineups?

My first impressions for the U.S.:

55-Lee

60-Graff

65-Stieber

70-Green

75-Burroughs

80-Dake

85-Taylor

90-Gadson? Kilgore? Gavin? Perry?

100-Snyder

130-Rey

60-Fix

65-Stieber

75-Dieringer

85-Taylor

100-Snyder

130-Gwiz

Edited by maligned

What are everyone's thoughts on 2017 lineups if we go to the proposed 10 weights and SAME DAY weigh-ins?  How about potential 2020 Olympic lineups?

My first impressions for the U.S.:

55-Lee

60-Graff

65-Stieber

70-Green

75-Burroughs

80-Dake

85-Taylor

90-Cox if he doesn't make the football team at the end of the summer (otherwise...Gadson? Kilgore? Gavin? Perry?)

100-Snyder

130-Rey

60-Fix

65-Stieber

75-Dieringer

85-Taylor

100-Snyder

130-Gwiz

Cox want joint to football ???????? 

Cox want joint to football ???????? 

Yes, he's now training and gaining weight to try out for his university's American football team this summer. If he makes it, he will not wrestle freestyle the next couple of years. He might make it, but his university plays football at a very high level so he will have to prove he has real talent. I think there is a good chance he will make the team because the program will be excited to have the big name of an Olympic medalist.

Edited by maligned

He might make it, but his university plays football at a very high level so he will have to prove he has real talent.

Hahaha. You haven't followed Mizzou football the past couple of years have you?

(Note: this is a joke from a Mizzou fan. I know playing D1 is a huge jump for a guy who hasn't played since high school 4 years ago, even if the team is terrible)

Edited by Crotalus

There's way too much speculation with Cox. For arguments sake let's assume that Cox doesn't move forward with football. If the weights don't change then Cox is left with three choices. #1 drop back down to 86kg which is almost a 3.5kg cut from where he wrestles at right now. #2 stay heavy and get into the fold at 97kg weight class and try to scrap with Snyder and #3 he can ride off into the sunset as another US men's freestyle one hit wonder. I am not even going to throw out the possibility of him going the greco route... that is about as probable as him opting for the life of a transient street musician in New York City..

There's way too much speculation with Cox. For arguments sake let's assume that Cox doesn't move forward with football. If the weights don't change then Cox is left with three choices. #1 drop back down to 86kg which is almost a 3.5kg cut from where he wrestles at right now. #2 stay heavy and get into the fold at 97kg weight class and try to scrap with Snyder and #3 he can ride off into the sunset as another US men's freestyle one hit wonder. I am not even going to throw out the possibility of him going the greco route... that is about as probable as him opting for the life of a transient street musician in New York City..

I agree. I only listed him in the context of there being 10 weights and him not making the football team. If both of those happened (small chance), I think the new 198-pound division could entice him to make a go of it. If there are no changes to the weights, there's a zero percent chance we see him anytime soon.

And even as I'm typing this, I of course realize that Trials are much sooner than the October worlds, so there's no chance he'll even try out. Woops...I'll erase him. :)