Sign in to follow this  
okwrestle

PSU - IOWA predictions

I don't think Retherford gets bonus without a turn, but I think Nolf can score TDs all the way to bonus.

Retherford by decision

Nolf by MD or Fall if he catches him while letting him up.

As was demonstrated last season, the only way Zain does not MAJ Sorensen is if Sorensen does not engage. Even if Sorensen stays away, Zain is still a toss up for a MAJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As was demonstrated last season, the only way Zain does not MAJ Sorensen is if Sorensen does not engage. Even if Sorensen stays away, Zain is still a toss up for a MAJ.

Yep.  I don't think Coach Brands would ever be okay with it but I seem to remember a similar situation where Nick Moore, I think it was, wrestled elusively to minimize David Taylor's bonus points, as opposed to wrestling to win.

Running from a guy for 6 minutes is playing to win if it actually increases your chance to win.  If playing hide and seek gets you to the 3rd period down by 1-2 then it is far more the winning strategy then going out there and trying to attack and trailing by 10 in the 3rd period.  Nobody blames a football team that tries to shorten the game by running it, or a basketball team who walks it up court.  

Hopefully if Sorenson wants to win he is smart enough to stay away from the better man as much as he can, maybe (just maybe) giving himself a chance to steal it late.  

Running from a guy for 6 minutes is playing to win if it actually increases your chance to win. If playing hide and seek gets you to the 3rd period down by 1-2 then it is far more the winning strategy then going out there and trying to attack and trailing by 10 in the 3rd period. Nobody blames a football team that tries to shorten the game by running it, or a basketball team who walks it up court.

Hopefully if Sorenson wants to win he is smart enough to stay away from the better man as much as he can, maybe (just maybe) giving himself a chance to steal it late.

Isn't that how IMAR beat Nolf at B1Gs and NCAAs last year; and how Delgado won his two titles? I thought it was just an Illinois thing - I guess it has made it into Iowa.

Edited by lu_alum

Yep.  I don't think Coach Brands would ever be okay with it but I seem to remember a similar situation where Nick Moore, I think it was, wrestled elusively to minimize David Taylor's bonus points, as opposed to wrestling to win.

pamela, you seem to remember exactly correct. 

Isn't that how IMAR beat Nolf at B1Gs and NCAAs last year; and how Delgado won his two titles? I thought it was just an Illinois thing - I guess it has made it into Iowa.

If I thought you actually believed that I'd put you on ignore as a guy whose opinion held no value.

Edited by boconnell

There's no way you actually believe that.  Imar made just as many attacks in those matches and pushed the pace the entire 2nd half of the matches.  

I'm a PSU fan and I agree with you.  In both the Big Ten & NCAA finals, both guys were attacking.  Even though they didn't end the way I wanted, those were two of the most entertaining bouts I've ever watched, despite both being low scoring matches.