Sign in to follow this  
GranbyTroll

Fixing FILA/UWW "World Championship"

FILA/UWW is ruining our sport and it is ridiculous! Why are we letting this corrupt/obsolete organization control the great sport of wrestling with weight class reduction and rules that go against common sense. Here's how we fix this situation: (in order of importance) 

1) Implement the 14 high school wrestling weights (The good ones from ~2010: 103, 112, 119 etc). Weight classes need to make sense, and 132.25 does not make sense. 

2) Make sure that only the wrestler in CONTROL can score. WHY are we awarding points for flipping, flopping, and locking hands!? LOCKING HANDS!

3) Change the World Championships to a 3 day event with weigh ins every morning, and with seedings and a FULL WRESTLE BACK. No more "repechage" to screw over Americans. Have long breaks between important rounds like the Quarters and the Semis, and broadcast it on ESPN.  And have it in St. Louis EVERY YEAR!

And if the "IOC" isn't on board with these changes, then FORGET THEM and we'll start our own World Championship. UWW, are you listening!???

FILA/UWW is ruining our sport and it is ridiculous! Why are we letting this corrupt/obsolete organization control the great sport of wrestling with weight class reduction and rules that go against common sense. Here's how we fix this situation: (in order of importance) 

1) Implement the 14 high school wrestling weights (The good ones from ~2010: 103, 112, 119 etc). Weight classes need to make sense, and 132.25 does not make sense. 

2) Make sure that only the wrestler in CONTROL can score. WHY are we awarding points for flipping, flopping, and locking hands!? LOCKING HANDS!

3) Change the World Championships to a 3 day event with weigh ins every morning, and with seedings and a FULL WRESTLE BACK. No more "repechage" to screw over Americans. Have long breaks between important rounds like the Quarters and the Semis, and broadcast it on ESPN.  And have it in St. Louis EVERY YEAR!

And if the "IOC" isn't on board with these changes, then FORGET THEM and we'll start our own World Championship. UWW, are you listening!???

This has a great chance to succeed!

Wrestle Backs.. Yes... 14 weights NO... 10 is perfect... also 132.25 is because america is the only country to use pounds... Having control is an opinion and therefore will never be perfect... if i roll you to your back before you have control i should gain points... finish your shot correctly and this won't be an issue. 3 days is too much, 2 days will be perfect. ESPN will NEVER cover international wrestling... give it to a company that cares and can do it right. Flo is the only place for wrestling content

Wrestle Backs.. Yes... 14 weights NO... 10 is perfect... also 132.25 is because america is the only country to use pounds... Having control is an opinion and therefore will never be perfect... if i roll you to your back before you have control i should gain points... finish your shot correctly and this won't be an issue. 3 days is too much, 2 days will be perfect. ESPN will NEVER cover international wrestling... give it to a company that cares and can do it right. Flo is the only place for wrestling content

I was 100% behind the OP but this post has given me pause. 

GranbyTroll, did you even consider that America doesn't use the metric system?

I need to completely reevaluate my opinion. I am retracting my previous support until further notice. 

Well if ESPN won't cover it, maybe the BTN? The NCAA Tournament is 3 days, why should we settle for less with the World Championship? 

And my Granddaddy didn't take a bullet in Normandy so that I'd have to convert KGs to LBs. Why should we have to kowtow to the friggin metric system!? 

Well if ESPN won't cover it, maybe the BTN? The NCAA Tournament is 3 days, why should we settle for less with the World Championship?

ESPN provided a stream of the 2015 World Championships on their WatchESPN app and website... granted it was the same stream that was provided on the UWW site.

ESPN provided a stream of the 2015 World Championships on their WatchESPN app and website... granted it was the same stream that was provided on the UWW site.

Why doesn't the NCAA take charge, then? They do such a good job running our National tournament so maybe it's time for them to get a crack at something a little large? 

And my Granddaddy didn't take a bullet in Normandy so that I'd have to convert KGs to LBs. Why should we have to kowtow to the friggin metric system!?

I think btn will put more thought to it. But still doubtful. Plus is you give ESPN full rights to cover it... it will likely suck... the individual mat commentators at NCAAs most of the time don't know what they are talking about... give it to the wrestling professionals did if that's flo, or track... people who know our sport. As for the metric comment, it's not about us converting, it's just the fact 90% of the world uses KGS the world doesn't have to follow us we all need to compromise, and UWW is learning his slowly, but we need to pick our battles and usning pounds isn't one we need to fight

Only a winner like Donald Trump has the ability to make wrestling great again. For too long have we watched our American wrestlers get handled by our competition because of yearly rule changes and techniques that do not adhere to our American traditions of control and passivity. This American carnage ends right here and right now. We will enter an era in wrestling that places American folkstyle first.

And three days is too many days for those guys to be making weight, we aren't talking about college wrestlers, we are talking aboIt men whose recovery time isn't as fast as the 19-24 year olds

Aren't most of the international guys in the 19-24 demographic? How many 28+ year olds are actually competing in the world championship?

Aren't most of the international guys in the 19-24 demographic? How many 28+ year olds are actually competing in the world championship?

A lot of the best guys, obviously Sadualev is an exception, Ramona is at least 26, as that is what the russians reported, likely older. Geduev is reported at 29, Sharifov is reported as 28, Rahimi is reported as 27, Shariitov is at least 31 (1985 )Ibragimov is the same, Ghasemi, 28, Saidov 31, 

those are the olympic freestyle, medalists that came to my head, i think Grecos average age would be higher. 

A lot of the best guys, obviously Sadualev is an exception, Ramona is at least 26, as that is what the russians reported, likely older. Geduev is reported at 29, Sharifov is reported as 28, Rahimi is reported as 27, Shariitov is at least 31 (1985 )Ibragimov is the same, Ghasemi, 28, Saidov 31, 

those are the olympic freestyle, medalists that came to my head, i think Grecos average age would be higher. 

Sadulaev is an exception at only 18 years old but most of the other medalists are between 20 and 25. All the guys you mentioned are retired or retiring soon. The only Olympic medals in men's freestyle for the US were won by college students. 

Sadulaev is an exception at only 18 years old but most of the other medalists are between 20 and 25. All the guys you mentioned are retired or retiring soon. The only Olympic medals in men's freestyle for the US were won by college students. 

okay but thats your guys biggest problem, you keep thinking "USA USA USA" but we are talking about UWW we need to think about the world not USA