Buckxell

The biggest joke in NCAA wrestling

Drug testing

What a cool scene it is during the NCAA finals when a kid wins and runs off the mat, hugs his coaches/parents, then gets ushered away by NCAA drug testing officials for a urine test. They do random testing at the tournament and test the champions. It makes the viewer think wow, the NCAA doesn't mess around and does not tolerate PED's.

Seriously, can anyone name ONE person who's tested positive for anything during these tests? Can you name anyone from the tournament that has been disqualified or even reprimanded for a failed drug test? I can not think of one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Without USADA style testing, guys will cheat. Knowing when the test will take place makes it very easy to cycle.

And on top of that, they only do urine tests to my knowledge and not blood tests which are more comprehensive (and more expensive as a result). Things like HGH are only detectable through blood. 

Aren't they subject to random testing during the season? I also thought there was no accurate testing available for HGH, but I may not be as up-to-date on this stuff.

IMHO, the NFL, NBA, MLB, and olympics are rife with PEDs and they're well-funded and higher profile organizations. If none of them can get it right, we can't expect college wrestling to meet a higher standard.

Drug testing

What a cool scene it is during the NCAA finals when a kid wins and runs off the mat, hugs his coaches/parents, then gets ushered away by NCAA drug testing officials for a urine test. They do random testing at the tournament and test the champions. It makes the viewer think wow, the NCAA doesn't mess around and does not tolerate PED's.

Seriously, can anyone name ONE person who's tested positive for anything during these tests? Can you name anyone from the tournament that has been disqualified or even reprimanded for a failed drug test? I can not think of one.

In my 20 years- I was twice told of violations. Back then they did a little more. I'm not sure either kid placed- I seem to remember one kid hadn't scored any team points.

And on top of that, they only do urine tests to my knowledge and not blood tests which are more comprehensive (and more expensive as a result). Things like HGH are only detectable through blood.

So Everyone can be on hgh then.

In my 20 years- I was twice told of violations. Back then they did a little more. I'm not sure either kid placed- I seem to remember one kid hadn't scored any team points.

Can you provide their names, or was that concealed by the NCAA?

does refusing to weigh in and thus avoiding the test count?

Can you provide their names, or was that concealed by the NCAA?

One was at least 20 years ago the other probably at least 15.  I don't remember and don't understand what the names would add to the conversation anyway. It happened. To my memory- they might have stopped this testing for a short while. The phrase I remember being used was Getting blood from a stone. They can't get a lot of urine at the event.

Drug testing

Different sport, but ESPN just reported this week about a basketball player from Arizona State, I think it was, who the NCAA tested positive for PEDs.

Not to mention they stay far longer in blood

Only testing pee is incredibly easy to get around. High schoolers do it when being tested for weed.

The current testing is a joke.

Guest Kingsland

So dumb. Who cares if they smoke weed?

I wonder if that changes if it is legalized on a federal level.