Buckxell

The biggest joke in NCAA wrestling

I wonder if that changes if it is legalized on a federal level.

a lot of schools have already adjusted their policies to be more lenient on student athletes caught with marijuana in their systems

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2017/01/rutgers_drug_policy.html#incart_2box_nj-homepage-featured

http://collegefootball.ap.org/article/ap-exclusive-schools-ease-athlete-penalties-marijuana

One was at least 20 years ago the other probably at least 15. I don't remember and don't understand what the names would add to the conversation anyway. It happened. To my memory- they might have stopped this testing for a short while. The phrase I remember being used was Getting blood from a stone. They can't get a lot of urine at the event.

I wrestled around that long ago and have never heard of anyone getting busted. The releasing of names is relevant because making that info public would be punishment in and of itself. But not releasing names and keeping it all hush hush adds to my theory that the NCAA really doesn't want to bust anyone (or keep things fair for that matter)... they just want to cover their butts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wrestled around that long ago and have never heard of anyone getting busted. The releasing of names is relevant because making that info public would be punishment in and of itself. But not releasing names and keeping it all hush hush adds to my theory that the NCAA really doesn't want to bust anyone (or keep things fair for that matter)... they just want to cover their butts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think a school is permitted to release that information.  

It is my understanding that it falls under 'health' and that is why it is common for athletes to be listed as being suspended for 'violation of team rules' when they test positive.  I have heard that a measurable percentage of the football players that are suspended for 'violation of team rules' are due to things like this which they can not speak publicly about.