Sign in to follow this  
vhsalum

2018 TEN Weight Class US Team Predictions

Can't Lie. Totally excited about the ten weight classes.  My predictions for the 2018 team

55: Thomas Gilman

60: Logan Stieber

65: Zain

70: James Green
75: Jordan Burroughs

80: Alex Dieringer (beats out Kyle dake for the spot)

85: David Taylor 

90: J'Den Cox

100: Kyle Snyder

130: Gwiz

55: Spencer Lee

60: Stieber

65: Zain

70: Nolf
75: JB

80: Dake

85: David Taylor 

90: J'Den

100: Kyle Snyder

130: Gwiz

I'm least confident in my 55 pick. By that time there will be Daton Fix, Thomas Gilman, Nick Suriano, NATO, Micic, Nahshon, Alan Waters, and Tony Ramos. Some of those might be up at 60 but who knows in the next 18 months. Hardest weight for me to predict by far. Also, who's the guy after J'Den at 90? Maybe Jon Reader? Things will be thin up top after our best. 

Anyway, super excited about the change-wish it would happen this year.

How certain are we of these weights?  Until I hear something official from UWW or USAWrestling, I'm calling it fake news.  Plus fivepointmove.com is a greco site, and the current greco weights are different from freestyle, so I would expect them to continue to differ.

How certain are we of these weights?  Until I hear something official from UWW or USAWrestling, I'm calling it fake news.  Plus fivepointmove.com is a greco site, and the current greco weights are different from freestyle, so I would expect them to continue to differ.

Bro?  Really?  First of all its not fake news.  Mamiashvilli distributed to his contemporaries a week or two ago (albeit prior to ratification from UWW, but we all know who runs it anyway).  Whether or not the weights are different doesn't matter.  We're going to have ten weights.  So this is supposed to fun speculation on the US team.  Go piss in someone else's cereal.

The ten weight deal is set. They are arguing about the exact kilos right now. But most likely will be/my picks:   Ringer is the only world champ prospect without a weight.

121 Nico

132 Steiber

143 Zain

154 Nolf

165 Burroughs...Ringer?

176 Dake....Ringer?

187 Taylor

198 Cox

220 Snyder...will Varner retire?

286 Rey

Edited by PRyan2012

Bro? Really? First of all its not fake news. Mamiashvilli distributed to his contemporaries a week or two ago (albeit prior to ratification from UWW, but we all know who runs it anyway). Whether or not the weights are different doesn't matter. We're going to have ten weights. So this is supposed to fun speculation on the US team. Go piss in someone else's cereal.

Lol, yes really. We all know those won't be the weights, so I don't know why you're getting so mad. BTW, they said they're getting rid of singlets too. Edited by wnywrestling

I realize we're talking about 2018 but I'm stunned at the lack of respect being shown for James Green, Jordan Oliver and Frank Molinaro.  Jason Nolf is not going to beat Green or Oliver.  I'd pick Imar over Nolf as well.  Retherford and Molinaro will be interesting esp. since both train at PSU.

So, I am assuming ( For Freestyle ), that one of the new weight classes has to be 80kg. It is sorely needed to break up that exspance between 74 and 86. I'm not sure what the UWW will do with the other weight class, either they will add another upper weight, at 90kg, or maybe one for the small people of the world at 52kg.

Olympics need to change to 10 as well . Dumbasses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it's cool, we're all wishing really hard that the IOC changes it back to 10, so it's only a matter of time before it happens.

update from twitter, Tedeev actually said he was thinking the Olympics should be 60, 70, 80, 90, 100, 100+ 

I think thats way too skewed toward the upperweights. definitely think starting with 55 is better. 

Well way back in the day it was 105, 114, 125, 136, 149, 163, 180, 198, 220, Hwt. Now I don't think we need a 105 weight class anymore. But I think we could start at 114 or 52, Kg, and then go up from there, I like the existing weight classes the we have, I'm not sure what the rational was to make Greco weights a little different from Freestyle, but if the wrestlers and the coach's are happy with it, who am I to argue. As I said in another post, I do think we need to fix that gap between 74 and 86. I do think if they do make a 52 kg class, Spencer Lee will waiting for all comers.