Sign in to follow this  
lightweight

PSU - Iowa on BTN Now

How does Wright get ranked 3rd as the returning national champion who is undefeated? Seems like a no-brainer #1 ranking to me. Admittedly, I do not follow college rankings much throughout the year so there might be a reasonable explanation.

How does Wright get ranked 3rd as the returning national champion who is undefeated? Seems like a no-brainer #1 ranking to me. Admittedly, I do not follow college rankings much throughout the year so there might be a reasonable explanation.
He's not the returning part of that.

second period, Wright is breathing hard. Up and escapes. Double leg takedown, 5-1 Wright.

Burak also wrestling smart/cautious. Brands really seems to have coached these guys up for PSU's strengths. Escape then T2 Wright, 7-2. Wright now riding tight with a leg in. End of second.

Congrats to the Iowa fans. They did everything they needed to do in the toss-up matches to get it done. I'm a bit disappointed with some of the PSU efforts, but, I have to hand it to Iowa, their kids have a lot to be proud of.

P.S. We'll see you guys in March. :)

Annoys me to have so many big D1 events in Midwest. Need more on east coast.

Then I see the Iowa fan base and how they fill the seats. Makes it a bit more understandable but still annoyed.

Kudos to Iowa. They bring it.

Trying not to be a huge Iowa homer here but Telford is running his rides off to the sides, not parallel. I think the stall calls there are appropriate

Well, it's a judgment call. I don't think either guy was doing anything, I don't know how Telford was going to get a turn there, and that's his responsibility on top. But it really didn't make any difference, Gingrich was out-matched.

Very good match. Iowa deserved the win as they won the toss up matches. 125, 157 and 174 were all as close as can be and could go either way next time. Iowa won all those matches this time, but they deserved it. Great match by both teams, congrats to the hawks.

This one does feel good that's for sure. No point in gloating about derailing the "train" really though. The only people that talk about "trains" don't know a damn thing about wrestling anyway. I will say this, you've been good for two years. In case you forgot who the real dynasty is we'll give you a little reminder tonight. Good win for sure. Good win for DSJ and Evans. Good to see Ballweg dominate. Good night! Go Hawks!