Sign in to follow this  
wrestlingnerd

Hall vs. Zahid Valencia

Hall's technique and wrestling IQ showed. He's impressive and will improve.

Taking nothing away from Meyer, as he had 2 nice takedowns, but it looked like Hall had an adrenaline dump towards the end.

Getting pulled and put into a dual in that atmosphere will pay dividends in Feb and March.

With the hole at 133 and a (probable) best chance scenario of a R12 with the other 174s, the Nits will need what Hall will provide at B1Gs and NCAAs.

He's in the mix at 174.

Hall will need to implement a frantic, Nolf like pace if he has any intentions of beating Zahid or BoJo at 174. Hall looked TINY tonight, and does in general at 174. I just don't see him finishing those single legs against the tree trunks of Jordan and Zahid consistently. They will out muscle him like Meyer did. I have no doubt Hall is capable of it and has it in his Arsenal , but that pace goes hand in hand with confidence. Now with 2 losses against Brucki and Meyer, I have a hard time for seeing Hall now opening it up like he has to in order to beat the top 2, knowing he's vulnerable at this weight.

Definitely like Hall over Valencia. Hall has won the freestyle battle before and Valencia's style is much better suited for FS. BoJo is a different case.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure they have never wrestled in freestyle or folkstyle

Definitely like Hall over Valencia. Hall has won the freestyle battle before and Valencia's style is much better suited for FS. BoJo is a different case.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Hall has never wrestled Zahid in competition.  Maybe at the OTC while preparing for the Jr World Championships, but never in official freestyle or folkstyle matches.

Hall has never wrestled Zahid in competition. Maybe at the OTC while preparing for the Jr World Championships, but never in official freestyle or folkstyle matches.

He's confusing Valencias. Hall has Anthony's number but has never wrestled Zahid, who hammered Nickal last summer in freestyle. I think Zahid is too big and too tight with his defense for Hall this year. That said, neither is particularly good on the mat and Hall is as good as anyone at the weight from the feet, so it should be close.