Sign in to follow this  
Buckxell

Bo Nickal - sportsmanship

I'm not certain that the gesture was meant to be a taunt at all. I think it may have been a gesture intended to "hear it" from the PSU fans in attendance. The very intention of the action is in question. It's not clear that it was in response to the Iowa crowd.

That's true, but I think it is good for the sport. It adds some competitive drama.

Indeed. It's good for my personal enjoyment too. I got a kick out of the dead silence after Bo did that. But that's beside my point. A lot of people have a double standard when it comes to these displays of emotion.

We say we want to add increase the popularity and excitement in our sport, but then we criticize a kid for being pumped up after he pins a ranked opponent in a huge dual?!? We truly are our own worst enemy. I agree with showing good sportsmanship, but I also think we need to add excitement and a little bit of celebration to get the crowd into it is what we need! Nothing unsportsmanlike about what Bo did

Can't see the ref. in the video, and I don't remember from other situations, but does he get a take down in that situation?  It doesn't seem like it's technically a take down.  Obviously, it didn't matter in the end...just curious.  

Can't see the ref. in the video, and I don't remember from other situations, but does he get a take down in that situation?  It doesn't seem like it's technically a take down.  Obviously, it didn't matter in the end...just curious.  

The ref awarded the T2 right before he went down to look for the fall.

Anybody who can go into Carver, pin his opponent, and ruffle the Hawkeye fans is okay by me :D

Seriously though, who hasn't gotten stoked and celebrated?  Hell, if anything it could be taken as a salute by the opponent, that he was so highly thought of that his opponent celebrated after winning.

Edited by TobusRex

I think the OP just trolled all of you, I didn't take what he said seriously and I believe he did it just so they guys who believe this is what the sport needs and the old school guys who hate this stuff going at it. 

Come on.  Lets not get ridiculous.  He was taunting the crowd and celebrating a spectacular win, which he earned the right to do (by pinning himself).  There's no need to pretend otherwise.

But wouldn't it have been fun if after his taunt & celebration the ref had raised Brooks hand due to the self pin, and then reminds Cael that there's no video review of falls. :)