Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Fish

PSU vs Ok St Dual

You guys crack me up. You act like you are so bright because you are fans of the best team. News flash, you are going to win most of the time that way.

I pick PSU to win, but I am bad because I think one guy out of 10 is overrated and another won't major the returning 4th place finisher?

As far as the Klimara curse goes, I picked 53 out of 80 AAs and all 10 Champs I picked made the finals. How did you do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, picking a Rodgers fall can be ridiculous. It's funny that you seem to think otherwise. If Dake comes back for an open at 165 next year, are you telling me someone picking a Rodgers wbf is not ridiculous? He has some decent pinning combinations, but he's far from Wade Schalles.

Pins? Dake? How many of Taylor's 123-0 fantasy wins over Dake were by pin?

You guys crack me up. You act like you are so bright because you are fans of the best team. News flash, you are going to win most of the time that way.

I pick PSU to win, but I am bad because I think one guy out of 10 is overrated and another won't major the returning 4th place finisher?

As far as the Klimara curse goes, I picked 53 out of 80 AAs and all 10 Champs I picked made the finals. How did you do?

Well we know Conaway was one of those 27 whiffs. Not his ideal weight class!

125:  Suriano DEC Piccinnini

133:  Brock FALL Carpenter

141:  Heil DEC Gulibon

149:  Retherford DEC Collica

157:  Nolf MDEC Smith

165:  Rogers DEC Joseph

174:  Hall DEC Crutchmer

184:  Nickal DEC Boyd

197:  McCutcheon DEC Weigel

HW:  Nevills DEC Schaefer

I think I have it 22-12 Penn State.

Well we know Conaway was one of those 27 whiffs. Not his ideal weight class!

Actually, wrong! Once the brackets came out, I picked him to AA. But, for most of the year I said he was R12 and he won that match by 1 sec of riding time.

You love to say you picked Penn State, but you also love to write an average of 3 to 4 paragraphs supporting a view that the other team is/can be/could be/might be somehow better than Penn State.

Your track record is awesome, and predictable.

Now that Hall is in the mix, how do you see this playing out...weight-by-weight?

Does Cortez or Cassar being in the lineup for PSU make a difference?

125 Suriano 0-3

133 Brock 5-3

141 Heil 8-3

149 Zain 8-6

157 Nolf 8-10

165 Joseph 8-13

174 Hall 8-16

184 Nickal 8-19

197 Weigel 11-19

HVY Neville 11-22

PSU 22-11

125 Suriano dec or MD

133 Brock MD or more

141 Heil dec

149 Retherford dec

157 Nolf MD or more

165 Rodgers Dec

174 Hall dec

184 Nickal dec

197 Weigel

285 Nevills

19-13 PSU

I think there are strong favorites at 125, 133, 141, 149, 157, 174, and 184.  165, 197, and 285 could go the other way.  

I think Rodgers is the better wrestler at 165, and I think Joseph's willingness to engage in upper body ties last night makes me more confident.  Joseph was killing Gunther with leg attacks, and yet he repeatedly locked up and considered throws.  This in addition to getting launched twice in his early season defeat.  I think if he locks up like that with Rodgers he lands on his head.  I am sure he will be coached to avoid it, but a smart wrestler would have avoided those ties last night, or in the early season match after he'd already been thrown once.  I just think his willingness to engage up top helps Rodgers in their first meeting.  If they wrestle repeatedly, Rodgers chances decrease (like they do against everyone who sees him more than once).  Plus I think large gas tank is a big key to beating Rodgers, and Joseph did not show that last night.

I think 197 is interesting, because you never know how a Weigel match will go until a guy goes under him.  After last night I am confident that McCutcheon is not so good on his feet he can just avoid bottom altogether and score the multiple TDs needed to not go down and win.

285 I think Nevills has good feet and great technique/slicks for a heavy.  Schafer is better against plodders than against wrestlers.  I think Nevills wins.  

OSU would need to win all 3 of these and the bonus battle to win.  I don't think that's even a 1 in 10 thing.  With Hall PSU is a large favorite in a dual.  

I think Joseph wins.  He won Walsh who is every bit as dangerous as Rogers; I think he'll be fine.

Do you really think picking a Rodgers fall is ever ridiculous?  I don't expect it by any means, but He's pinned Lewis who I'd favor over Joseph, so it's not absurd.  

Perhaps not ridiculous, but has Joseph been pinned in college yet?  He avoided dangerous positions with Walsh, and I am sure he has rolled with Nickal and Nolf a lot.  I think Joseph will win, but even if he doesn't I doubt he will get pinned. 

Rogers has a pin or get pinned style and I absolutely do not believe Joseph is the 4th best at the weight. He has exactly one solid win over Walsh and before you use the Close match vs. Jordan please note that Gunther also took it to OT with him. If Joseph wrestled for a team other than the top 4, he would be ranked much lower.

Who are the "guys" that Nickal has beat that beat Boyd? He has lost twice to Dean(pretty sure Nickal has not beat Dean) and the other was a very bad match against Brooks. If you want to hang your hat on Brooks, go ahead. But, don't act like there are multiple "guys" to discredit Boyd being possibly his biggest test to date.

Joseph passes the eye test to me.  He may not be the 4th best, but he's in the hunt and it wouldn't shock me if he took 3rd this year.  Nickal also has been questioned a lot until proving himself at 184...or even as a wrestler since 174 was apparently weak last season. 

You love to say you picked Penn State, but you also love to write an average of 3 to 4 paragraphs supporting a view that the other team is/can be/could be/might be somehow better than Penn State.

Your track record is awesome, and predictable.

Seriously, what's with that guy picking PSU but saying another team is close?  He should be picking the PSU train to dominate.  Go PSU train.  Choo Choo!!!!

125:  Suriano DEC Piccinnini

133:  Brock FALL Carpenter

141:  Heil DEC Gulibon

149:  Retherford DEC Collica

157:  Nolf MDEC Smith

165:  Rogers DEC Joseph

174:  Hall DEC Crutchmer

184:  Nickal DEC Boyd

197:  McCutcheon DEC Weigel

HW:  Nevills DEC Schaefer

I think I have it 22-12 Penn State.

most optimistic possible prediction

You know Penn State is a big favorite when MSU can't even concoct a way for the Cowboys to win. Still, picking the #7 to pin #4 in order to keep the score close and claiming Boyd will be Bo's "toughest challenge" when he has lost to guys that Bo has defeated is still an amusing effort.

Pure gold, lmao.  Nice to see one of the top haters digging deep again though, haha.

Not a Penn State fan, but I have to admire them.  Makes me think of the 80's with Dan the Man's teams. 

It's tempting to say they are BETTER than Gable's teams. PSU is clearly a couple notches above everybody else right now. The reason I only say it's tempting is because there were a lot more programs during the Gable era in D1 than now. The competition was fiercer back then, I think, because of higher participation numbers.

It's tempting to say they are BETTER than Gable's teams. PSU is clearly a couple notches above everybody else right now. The reason I only say it's tempting is because there were a lot more programs during the Gable era in D1 than now. The competition was fiercer back then, I think, because of higher participation numbers.

Alternatively, one could argue that the talent is more consolidated among the top teams today.  Thus its now more competitive (at the upper level where the championships are decided).  Either way it's impossible to say definitively which analysis is more accurate.  However, its an interesting topic for discussion.  Cheers.

They haven't had an individual team dominate score wise like some great single teams of the past, but the 6 (going on 7) year stretch is amazing, and maybe the best ever.  They are dealing with 2 recent multi champion dynasties still near their peak, and they're crushing both of them.  

Actually, wrong! Once the brackets came out, I picked him to AA. But, for most of the year I said he was R12 and he won that match by 1 sec of riding time.

You didn't pick him, then you picked him? You can get a lot of picks correct doing it this way.

Edited by TBar1977

And he then won his next match.  Can you believe it?!  A round of 12 wrestler making the consi-semis!

You didn't pick him, then you picked him? You can get a lot of picks correct doing it this way.

Only a moron would make their picks formal until the brackets come out. If you thought Sorensen was the 2nd best wrestler would you still pick him to take 2nd if he was seeded 4th and Retherford 1st? Once I saw Conaway's bracket I didn't see him not making the podium. Plus, it's not like I was ever picking him to go 0-2, the way some of you act you would think that is the case.