Sign in to follow this  
TBar1977

Cornell @ Lehigh in 20 minutes

Minotti get beat out at two weights this year?

By two RS Freshmen. I posted as such back in August, but the old Lehigh guard didn't take it too well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by lu_alum

Crazy comeback from Cornell.

Wish Palacio didn't screw up their lineup. That removed a potential point scorer. Plus I think Palacio will have a much tougher time at 165 than 157. I see him as a borderline AA at 165. At 157 he could be a finalist.

He was rd of 12 and a match away from it as well (basically rd of 12 because the eventual opponent forfeited out the tournament) at 165. Why would he have a tougher time there?

He was rd of 12 and a match away from it as well (basically rd of 12 because the eventual opponent forfeited out the tournament) at 165. Why would he have a tougher time there?

Because 157 is a far easier weight this year. I don't understand your argument. I'm saying he could AA at both but won't be in the top few at 165. Do you see him ahead of iMar? Massa? iJo? Lewis? Etc.

Because 157 is a far easier weight this year. I don't understand your argument. I'm saying he could AA at both but won't be in the top few at 165. Do you see him ahead of iMar? Massa? iJo? Lewis? Etc.

Imar no but regarding the rest of that field and knowing how good Dylan Palacio is I don't think it's out of the question he can beat some of those guys. He can also very much lose to them

No doubt that 165 is much deeper and will be more difficult for Palacio to AA.

157 has only 4 previous AA's, only 2 of which AA in '16 (Nolf & Smith).

165 has 6 previous AA's, 5 of which AA in '16, plus Massa.

Not to mention that Womack would have likely scored points at NCAA. So, Palacio undoubtedly hurt Cornell's NCAA scoring by going/staying 165.

Not to mention that Womack would have likely scored points at NCAA. So, Palacio undoubtedly hurt Cornell's NCAA scoring by going/staying 165.

Interesting - it was Womack, not Palacio, who wrestled 165 against Lock Haven on Sunday.  I would have expected that if Palacio was going to be the guy at 165 for the rest of the season, he'd be wrestling every match to try to build up his record for seeding.

Hmmm....

Interesting - it was Womack, not Palacio, who wrestled 165 against Lock Haven on Sunday. I would have expected that if Palacio was going to be the guy at 165 for the rest of the season, he'd be wrestling every match to try to build up his record for seeding.

Hmmm....

Is there any possible way at this point for Palacio to acquire 17 matches required for an RPI after missing yet another dual yesterday ?