Sign in to follow this  
Buckxell

Palacio - Flo interview

"I'm a walking storyline."  I love it.  Dude is a poet.  God bless him and keep expressing who you are in your own way.

If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.

Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.  ....- Henry David Thoreau

I wish I could have heard that interview while I was competing. There is some great insight there about your time as an athlete. I also liked his view about keeping it fun and not letting it become a job. I see that as a difference between Penn State and Iowa wrestlers.

The greatest thing about that interview is how genuine it is. Palacio has consistently been grateful for being in the position he is at every stage of his career, and that allows him to relish every moment before it's gone. The metaphors and drama are a bit much, but the mesaage is awesome.

Kids great!

Different ! But actually think he more mature for his age. really has stuff in perspective. " not who I am -what I do". Kid has been great to watch always gets after it. Even when he wrestled I think it was David Taylor he went after him. got beat but didn't go out to run!

fun to watch, glad he is back.

Frank C 

If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.

Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.  ....- Henry David Thoreau

Thoreau is good - but I was thinking something more like Jack Kerouac - "...the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!”

Edited by redblades

Guest Kingsland

someone just took their first freshman philosophy course

More like their first mushroom trip.