CoachWrestling

Ohio State vs. Iowa Predictions

NYWrestler - so be it.  He hasn't wrestled anyone this year to justify the #1.  It is a perverse incentive.  The sport should collectively agree to NOT reward being out so much by letting the guy stay #1.  I'm not saying he was lying.  If he is that injured, keeping #1 just doesn't make sense.

Hell, the match he just wrestled proves he doesn't deserve #1.

He can't win his cousin who is barely # 3 at 165.  He is very good, but also very overrated in my opinion. 

Nice TD by brooks but tell me he isn't stalling with that wrist behind the back.

I think it is good riding.  Dake used to ride without looking to turn (a lot of the times), and I think this is valid.  Bottom guy needs to be better. 

He seemed okay physically to me if you are serious.  Who is Bo's best win in college?  I know he beat Isiah Martinez in high school, but how times have changed. 

David McFadden

Daniel Lewis

Steven Rodriguez

Nick Sulzer

Dylan Palacio

Pierce Harger

Taylor Walsh

That's a quick perusal of his wrestlestat bio.  Some of those guys he has multiple wins over.

Edited by VakAttack

Will Moore be the first to bonus Wilcke.

Really not sure about that stall call on Wilcke.

Yes, and I am very impressed by Moore.  I could see him as high as #3 at the end this year.

Bo Jordan is 76-5 in college. So overrated! (4 losses to Zeke, 1 to Ringer) 

Nice win Iowa!

Exactly, four losses to Zeke...and potentially more career losses if he wrestled full-time.  What was his rank out of high school?  Zeke's?  He's done well, but I think many expected more.  Many thought he would be Ringer...well he isn't.  Very good, but nobody evens talks about him for the Hodge despite the credentials going into college.  Again, he's definitely done well, but I think that more was expected.  Did you think his cousin would be up 4-0?

Exactly, four losses to Zeke...and potentially more career losses if he wrestled full-time.  What was his rank out of high school?  Zeke's?  He's done well, but I think many expected more.  Many thought he would be Ringer...well he isn't.  Very good, but nobody evens talks about him for the Hodge despite the credentials going into college.  Again, he's definitely done well, but I think that more was expected.  Did you think his cousin would be up 4-0?

No one is calling him the next Ringer.... or a potential Hodge finalist... sounds like you're the one overrating him. 

No one is calling him the next Ringer.... or a potential Hodge finalist... sounds like you're the one overrating him. 

When you are the overall #1 or #2 coming out of high school, these things happen. 

David McFadden

Daniel Lewis

Steven Rodriguez

Nick Sulzer

Dylan Palacio

Pierce Harger

Taylor Walsh

That's a quick perusal of his wrestlestat bio.  Some of those guys he has multiple wins over.

Not to be argumentative, but to play devil's advocate:

McFadden a TF vs a RS Sophomore...who was #1 out of H.S.

Lewis--being exposed...not an elite wrestler by no means

Rodriguez-- a puffed up 141 from the year prior?  Not in lineup this season?

Sulzer--solid, but not close to elite

Palacio--toggling between 157-165...not close to elite

Harger--NW I believe...not high level at all

Walsh---didn't know this, but Walsh really never considered anything; Senior year for Walsh?

Not really a signature win or a level of dominance. 

Just re watched all of the matches closely. Collica - Mayes are even in terms of who could win next match, same for Rogers - Lewis.

Joe Smith must be struggling with the cut. Low AA, not high. Crutchmer can beat Wisman, but another low AA. Lots of better guys. 

Just re watched all of the matches closely. Collica - Mayes are even in terms of who could win next match, same for Rogers - Lewis.

Joe Smith must be struggling with the cut. Low AA, not high. Crutchmer can beat Wisman, but another low AA. Lots of better guys. 

Smith should have been RS'd this year.  They brought him back to make a run at a team title, but he clearly isn't ready (whether it's weight, health, mental, etc...).  He didn't have an offensive idea tonight, let alone an attack.  And he is still in terrible shape after 2 months of competition.  His knee has been a continuous problem since last February, and they keep running him out there.  I'd rather see him sit until healthy (even if it's next year) and let Blaylock wrestle.

Smith should have been RS'd this year.  They brought him back to make a run at a team title, but he clearly isn't ready (whether it's weight, health, mental, etc...).  He didn't have an offensive idea tonight, let alone an attack.  And he is still in terrible shape after 2 months of competition.  His knee has been a continuous problem since last February, and they keep running him out there.  I'd rather see him sit until healthy (even if it's next year) and let Blaylock wrestle.

Reminds me much of his cousin Chris Perry (his FR year). Only Perry was wrestling 184 his FR year, after he made the cut to 174 his results improved.

I'm wondering if Joe Smith wouldn't be better at 165.

Reminds me much of his cousin Chris Perry (his FR year). Only Perry was wrestling 184 his FR year, after he made the cut to 174 his results improved.

I'm wondering if Joe Smith wouldn't be better at 165.

It is frankly comical that Bo Jordan has the number 1 ranking with the amount that he has sat. It is a perverse incentive to sit. The sport needs to fix it.

He's done nothing in this match so far ... down 0-1 going into third. Even if he wins, his ranking should take a hit. Nothing against the guy, but sitting out and not facing good competition should hurt ranking.

What does his ranking matter? They don't use rankings when seeding the NCAA tournament. If you want to rank him differently, start a ranking service and go for it