TBar1977

Nick Nevills vs. Conner Medberry

Medberry tends to keep the score close with the top tier HWT's.  Given this, I'm predicting something like a 5-3 or 5-4 victory to Medberry.  Agreeing on the confidence level being ~62.87964563258...%.

However, either still get majored by Snyder at the BIG10 / NCAA finals. 

Edited by treep2000

I love Nevils, but I just don't see his path to victory here. Someone like Walz I can see scoring from the feet on medberry, but I don't think Nevil's has the horsepower. And like someone else said, Nevil's top game is for real, but I don't see him holding Connor down either. Would love to be wrong though

Medberry will win big, He has improved greatly and has won matches big against top people.  Depending on where the dual starts, though, it may be boring and then a lower score.

what matches are you referencing? All I can think of as far as ranked wins this year are Walz in OT at Cliff Keen and Kroells 3-2 in last dual. Seriously just asking, haven't followed his results that closely.  

Edited by KTG119

what matches are you referencing? All I can think of as far as ranked wins this year are Walz in OT at Cliff Keen and Kroells 3-2 in last dual. Seriously just asking, haven't followed his results that closely.  

Kroells 10-0 on 11/13

Ryan 11-0 on 12/2

JJ Everard 15-0 on 12/11

Jensen 16-0 on1/13

Maybe these guys are not great but they are good competition usually.

If Medbery unleashes and shoots,he will gain confidence and it won't be close. If he dances around with him like he is prone to do at times nevills will be in it until the end. There is a reason that Dlagnev took him to Rio as a training partner.

I don't think Nevillis best asset, his top game, is going to work on the massive Medberry.  Connor will control the neutral game and win the match in a close one...

Medbery's not massive. He and Nevills are probably close to the same size.  This is from a Q and A with him from a few months ago. It's posted on the team website: 

Have you ever had to cut weight?

"I don't think I ever have. In high school, my junior year, I was wrestling at 215 and I weighed 217, 218 at night, but then in the morning I was 214, 215."

Does being so far underweight cause issues for you in matches?

"Not really. Most of the top guys are around my weight. Kyle's even lighter; he's like 230 maybe. Most of the guys are lighter. That aspect of the weight classes has changed over the last decade or so where guys aren't at 285. They're in the 250, 260 range just to move better and be strong."

Here's the link: http://www.uwbadgers.com/news/2016/11/3/wrestling-varsity-badgering-with-connor-medbery.aspx

The question was asked about his "so far underweight" size in high school, he didn't actually give a weight now.  Just non-specifics about people 250 or 260 being near him.  NO WAY Medberry and Nevilis are the same size, I'd stake my reputation on it. 

Edited by Gantry