• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1 gowrestle

gowrestle

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,311 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 06:29 PM

His absence cost his team a historic win. My 2 cents, he should have been with his team.

#2 VakAttack

VakAttack

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 23,947 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 06:30 PM

He was.  Team USA.

• silver-medal, LordNelson, Rasslin607 and 10 others like this

Collegiate Wrestling's Premier Thought Leader

#3 LJB

LJB

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 06:37 PM

^ 100%

Snyder is on a trajectory way more important than some NCAA dual that has no real relevance anyway... good for him and good for Ryan understanding this

• newyorkwrestler likes this

#4 TobusRex

TobusRex

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,935 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 06:44 PM

^ 100%

Snyder is on a trajectory way more important than some NCAA dual that has no real relevance anyway... good for him and good for Ryan understanding this

What choice does Ryan have, anyway? Give up 20-25 points at NCAAs because he forbids Snyder to wrestle internationally? Better to choke the "team pride" back and let Snyder run with the wolves, so you can have the points when they matter.

Duals are meaningless anyway. I think we, the fans, care more about duals than the coaches do.

#5 Perry

Perry

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,710 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 06:58 PM

Snyder was where he needed to be. He will be there for b1g and ncaas when it counts.
  • TobusRex, Jaroslav Hasek and stp like this

#6 BaldwinKnowBest

BaldwinKnowBest

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 08:30 PM

How do you think Snyder's teammates feel about him not being there? Any insiders?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 stp

stp

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 09:53 PM

...just repeating whats already been said. 

Edited by stp, 27 January 2017 - 09:55 PM.

#8 TobusRex

TobusRex

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,935 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 12:24 AM

How do you think Snyder's teammates feel about him not being there? Any insiders?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably stoked one of their own is a world champion and rooting for him to win the tournament he's in.

• newyorkwrestler likes this

#9 silver-medal

silver-medal

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,377 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 01:15 AM

His absence cost his team a historic win. My 2 cents, he should have been with his team.

As a Buckeye fan, I did not feel for one second that Snyder's absence had anything to do with Ohio State's awful performance last night.  I don't care that they lost.  I care that the team looked like garbage with the exception of Kollin Moore and Luke Pletcher.  I'll give Bo a mulligan.  Rest of team was terrible. 

#10 ionel

ionel

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 01:20 AM

Duals are meaningless anyway. I think we, the fans, care more about duals than the coaches do.

Yes, DDM and fans don't matter. I am surprised that Tom & Terry (given both were world champions) didn't forfeit 285 out of respect for Kyle's commitment and because DDM. ;_;

#11 WillieBoy

WillieBoy

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 03:40 AM

Ohio State and Oklahoma State both looked bad, didn't they? Iowa wins and Missouri pushes the Cowboys hard.

Hope they have the lousy matches out of their system or they won't do well at NCAA's.

#12 IRTYTKY

IRTYTKY

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 371 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 04:42 AM

Yes, DDM and fans don't matter. I am surprised that Tom & Terry (given both were world champions) didn't forfeit 285 out of respect for Kyle's commitment and because DDM. ;_;

I'm not saying you are totally wrong with this analysis because I see what you mean, but why take valuable mat time away from Holloway? Not to mention give up a dual win. Snyder isnt a pinner so a tech was most likely anyways which would have tied the dual.

#13 silver-medal

silver-medal

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,377 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 06:14 AM

Bucks lost a dual to Lehigh--looking terrible in the process--year they won NCAA's.  

#14 sgallan

sgallan

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 29,915 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 06:21 AM

tOSU is lucky they have him to win an NCAA title, and all those points, he'll get, in doing so, while staying sharp in the big leagues.

#15 Jaroslav Hasek

Jaroslav Hasek

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,126 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 06:22 AM

it's a good strategy for the team. attract the next Snyder level kid by showing that you can be both an Olympic champ and NCAA champ on his team. 

• KTG119 and Yellow_Medal like this

#16 hammerlockthree

hammerlockthree

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,543 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 06:56 AM

A team is a one-for-all, and all-for-one proposition. To me this means that every member supports and wants whats best for every other member. Snyder is where he belongs and will return to supporting his teammates when he has done the right thing for himself, his country and the sport of wrestling.

If he were in a cult, where individuality is obliterated, you would have a point. 

#17 jchapman

jchapman

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 10:58 AM

Did John Smith bail on his college team after becoming World Champion? What about Barry Davis after his Olympic Silver? Maybe it is a generational thing, keep those millennials happy by letting them focus on themselves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Record Holder:  Most Escapes in a Season

#18 Jaroslav Hasek

Jaroslav Hasek

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,126 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 11:03 AM

Did John Smith bail on his college team after becoming World Champion? What about Barry Davis after his Olympic Silver? Maybe it is a generational thing, keep those millennials happy by letting them focus on themselves.

lol, yeah kyle snyder is a spoiled millennial

• rhino184 likes this

#19 silver-medal

silver-medal

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,377 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 11:04 AM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very different period of time and different freestyle rules.  Folk and freestyle used to be closer in terms of techniques than they are today.  And I think USA Wrestling wants Kyle competing in free.  I don't think this young man is thinking solely of himself.  

#20 Gantry

Gantry

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,503 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 11:05 AM

The facepalms...  THE FACEPALMS....

• Jaroslav Hasek and rhino184 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users