Sign in to follow this  
gowrestle

tOSU's Snyder MIA

^ 100%

Snyder is on a trajectory way more important than some NCAA dual that has no real relevance anyway... good for him and good for Ryan understanding this

What choice does Ryan have, anyway? Give up 20-25 points at NCAAs because he forbids Snyder to wrestle internationally? Better to choke the "team pride" back and let Snyder run with the wolves, so you can have the points when they matter.

Duals are meaningless anyway. I think we, the fans, care more about duals than the coaches do.

His absence cost his team a historic win. My 2 cents, he should have been with his team.

As a Buckeye fan, I did not feel for one second that Snyder's absence had anything to do with Ohio State's awful performance last night.  I don't care that they lost.  I care that the team looked like garbage with the exception of Kollin Moore and Luke Pletcher.  I'll give Bo a mulligan.  Rest of team was terrible. 

Duals are meaningless anyway. I think we, the fans, care more about duals than the coaches do.

Yes, DDM and fans don't matter. I am surprised that Tom & Terry (given both were world champions) didn't forfeit 285 out of respect for Kyle's commitment and because DDM. ;_;

Yes, DDM and fans don't matter. I am surprised that Tom & Terry (given both were world champions) didn't forfeit 285 out of respect for Kyle's commitment and because DDM. ;_;

I'm not saying you are totally wrong with this analysis because I see what you mean, but why take valuable mat time away from Holloway? Not to mention give up a dual win. Snyder isnt a pinner so a tech was most likely anyways which would have tied the dual.

His absence cost his team a historic win. My 2 cents, he should have been with his team.

A team is a one-for-all, and all-for-one proposition. To me this means that every member supports and wants whats best for every other member. Snyder is where he belongs and will return to supporting his teammates when he has done the right thing for himself, his country and the sport of wrestling.

If he were in a cult, where individuality is obliterated, you would have a point. 

Did John Smith bail on his college team after becoming World Champion? What about Barry Davis after his Olympic Silver? Maybe it is a generational thing, keep those millennials happy by letting them focus on themselves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did John Smith bail on his college team after becoming World Champion? What about Barry Davis after his Olympic Silver? Maybe it is a generational thing, keep those millennials happy by letting them focus on themselves.

Very different period of time and different freestyle rules.  Folk and freestyle used to be closer in terms of techniques than they are today.  And I think USA Wrestling wants Kyle competing in free.  I don't think this young man is thinking solely of himself.  

i just want to point that there isn't really any logic to this post, just posturing. 

yeah.

actually it was anti-logical because you referenced Snyder 'bailing' on his college team which didn't really happen.

Show me where I referenced Snyder bailing on his team.