Sign in to follow this  
Gantry

MAC Wrestling Thread

It really looks like apathy and laziness. He takes almost no shots on his feet anymore, cannot get out from the bottom (and lately doesn't even look like he's trying), and can't ride anyone on top. He jumped out 6-0 against Freddy Rodriguez from SIU-Edwardsville 2 weeks ago after lat dropping him, and then proceeded to do absolutely nothing but stall for the rest of the match and ended up losing. Even after he was benched for a couple of duals, it still didn't seem to light a fire under him. 50/50 chance of qualifying.

I couldn't agree more. As a R12 wrestler last season combined with the exits of multiple quality 125 pounders, I thought McGhee had a high likelihood to AA this season.

Those expectations are gone. Just hoping he can qualify and score a point or two for Missouri.

Its obvious there were a lot of injuries Eirman Mcghee Jden all injured in begining of year Miklus going down for the year and almost the whole team missing Duals at some point due to being banged up .I do not understand people surprise when they were on they handled top teams when they had guys missing they did not .I think UNI came in and took them to the cleaners when they were not expecting that much from them this weekend will tell whats going on with them for certain and in Unis home court .Mizzou was at the uni open and for whatever reason most of Unis team was not competing maybe they were hiding the true potential or depth of their team .McGhee perhaps never hit his stride after his injury .

Its obvious there were a lot of injuries Eirman Mcghee Jden all injured in begining of year Miklus going down for the year and almost the whole team missing Duals at some point due to being banged up .I do not understand people surprise when they were on they handled top teams when they had guys missing they did not .I think UNI came in and took them to the cleaners when they were not expecting that much from them this weekend will tell whats going on with them for certain and in Unis home court .Mizzou was at the uni open and for whatever reason most of Unis team was not competing maybe they were hiding the true potential or depth of their team .McGhee perhaps never hit his stride after his injury .

I don't understand???

The MAC earned three slots at 285.  Interestingly, they were earned by wrestlers seeded 4, 5 and 6 in the upcoming league tourney.    This is a wide open weight class that just might determine which team wins this weekend's MACC.

Edited by OkieChippewa

Reporting live from the Mizzou hotel in Cedar Falls.  No sign of MACtruck this morning.  I wanted to have a beer summit with the guy last night, and prove to myself he couldn't possible be as abrasive in person as he comes across online.  Plus, I'm always up for some juicy WV gossip. Alas, it was not to be.  This tournament btw, is ridiculous.  2 days, starting wrestling at noon.  Since when does an 8-man bracket with a pigtail take more than a day to wrestle?

This tournament btw, is ridiculous. 2 days, starting wrestling at noon. Since when does an 8-man bracket with a pigtail take more than a day to wrestle?

Sounds like the Big 12 Tournaments I attended when Missouri was still a member. Despite only having 5 Teams, they stretched those Tournaments out over the course of an entire day. Lol.

Keep us posted on any meaningful developments. See you in St. Louis !

Reporting live from the Mizzou hotel in Cedar Falls.  No sign of MACtruck this morning.  I wanted to have a beer summit with the guy last night, and prove to myself he couldn't possible be as abrasive in person as he comes across online.  Plus, I'm always up for some juicy WV gossip. Alas, it was not to be.  This tournament btw, is ridiculous.  2 days, starting wrestling at noon.  Since when does an 8-man bracket with a pigtail take more than a day to wrestle?

Got to make sure they sell enough hotdogs.....

Quarterfinals getting ready to start on ESPN3- I'll try to periodically post the results.

Laney OU over Simpson ODU 10-4 D

Gonzer EMU over McGhee MIZ 6-4 D

Peters UNI over Akins UB F

Hudkins NIU over Fleetwood CMU 4-2 D

Alber UNI over Jeffrey NIU 6-2 D

Lantry UB over Keener CMU 6-1 D

Tutolo KSU over Kelly OU 5-2 D

Erneste MIZ over Madrigal ODU 1-0 D

Eierman MIZ over Driscoll KSU 16-2 M

Budock ODU over Springer EMU 6-5 D

Velasquez NIU over Smith CMU 2-1 D

Forrider OU over Estevez UB 8-0 M

Mayes MIZ over Rooney KSU 13-4 M

Bleise NIU over Hayes ODU 9-7 OT D

Thomsen UNI over Barber EMU 3-0 D

Oliver CMU over Cotten UB 18-2 T

Lavallee MIZ over Moore UNI 11-5 D

Sparkman KSU over Cummings OU 3-1OT D

Carson EMU over McWhirter NIU 2-1 D

Heffernan CMU over Early ODU 4-1 D

Lewis MIZ over  Parks CMU F

McMurtry NIU over Marry EMU 5-3 D

Wright ODU over Rill UB 3-1OT D

Steirert UNI over Best KSU 14-3 M

Lujan UNI over Davis EMU F

Wisman MIZ over Arshughyan OU 11-3 M

Engelkes NIU over Spohn KSU 16-0 T

Brucki CMU over Agee ODU 11-4 D

Foster UNI over Mast KSU 11-3 M

Lemanowicz MIZ over Perry UB 9-7 D

Ellingwood CMU over Gorman NIU 10-1 M

Dechow over ODU MacCallum EMU 15-3 M

Cox MIZ over Hillman EMU F

Sugio KSU over Severn CMU 5-3 D

Scott NIU over Holschlag UNI 4-3 D

Beazley ODU over Rose UB F

Parker OU over Gossett NIU 3-2 D

Gunning UB over Smerchek CMU 2-1 D

Hutchinson EMU over Everard UNI 4-1OT D

Myers MIZ 3 over Nye KSU 3-2 D

Edited by OkieChippewa

Chippewas can kiss goodbye any chance of a MACC championship.  Goes 4-6 in the quarters with five guys who may be better suited to audition for "Dancing with the Stars".  It's gonna take a lot of mental fortitude to keep their 8 AQs to themselves rather than passing some of them on to their MAC brethren.

Edited by OkieChippewa

Session Two

125 Semis

Laney OU over Gonser EMU 4-3 D

Peters UNI over Hudkins NIU 4-2 D

Consi #1

Fleetwood CMU over Simpson KSU 16-1TF

133 Semis

Lantry UB over Alber UNI 3-2 D (Alber with takedown, but tenths of a second too late)

Erneste MZ over Tutolo KSU F 

Consi #1

Madrigal ODU Perry EMU 6-2 D

141 Semis

Eierman MZ over Budock ODU 7-2 D

Forridor OU over Velasquez NIU 6-0 D

149 Semis

Mayes MZ over Bleise NIU 5-2 D

Thomsen UNI over Oliver CMU 6-3 D

157 Semis

Lavallee MZ over Sparkman KSU 14-1 M

Heffernam CMU over Carson EMU 7-3 D