manyak

Cheatin' Kyle Snyder Yarygin Finals Match Video

Please start watching at 5 minutes, 20 seconds.

I know how horrified people were and still are about Reza Yazdani (2011, 2013 World Champion) and his patented foot stomp to snatch single. Discussion about this move still rages almost 4 years after Yazdani's last world level medal.

I was shocked and dismayed to see that American Hero and Boy Wonder, Kyle Snyder, of THE Ohio State University, is now using the same move to dig his way out of matches he should rightfully lose. How could this be? Snyder was pure wrestling distilled, now we know he is nothing more than a cheater and no better than a common thief.

Please keep all PED discussion out of this thread. We all know that Kyle Snyder is probably on a PED regimen supplied by Tom Ryan and his church group, but this thread is about proven cheating and cheating that actually makes in-match differences.

Edited by manyak

i don't think stepping on your opponent's foot is illegal. i believe it's only illegal to step on the foot with the intent to injure.

While it's difficult to specify based on the exact wording of FILA, based on the consistent no calls, I would have to agree 100%.

Stepping on a foot of an opponent is OK, stumping on it to injure or hurt is not.

Edited by irani

While it's difficult to specify based on the exact wording of FILA, based on the consistent no calls, I would have to agree 100%.

Stepping on a foot of an opponent is OK, stumping on it to injure or hurt is not.

CHAPTER 9 – PROHIBITIONS AND ILLEGAL HOLDS Article 49 – General Prohibitions Wrestlers are fobidden to:

Kick, head-butt, strangle, push, apply holds that may endanger the opponent’s life or cause a fracture or dislocation of limbs, tread on the feet of the opponent or touch his face between the eyebrows and the line of the mouth.

I officiated some time ago. This rule doesn't seem to have changed much since then- at least in so far as wording goes. Obviously what goes before this specific sounds like it would have to be pretty bad. But by the same token what comes after (touching the face) is pretty benign. What I recall being told about this in the clinics was that it was illegal and not just if seen as dangerous. I also had a discussion about this with Mark Lieberman who used this in folkstyle and he emphasized that it was legal in folkstyle (to trap the foot not to stomp on it). He was right.

I would like to hear from a current international official on this because it could be simply that Kyle is using a legal folkstyle move without being totally aware of its ramifications.

Well hopefully someone can speak with Coach Zadick and get an explanation, it may turn out to be just one of those things. Secondly, I was a lil more concerned with how much Kyle is getting scouted. In the finals against the Russian, it looked like he ( the Russian ) was waiting for Kyle to commit on a particular move where Kyle was on his knees, and then he was able to counter for a takedown and get a gut for another two. This forced Kyle to rally quickly, and climb out of the hole he was in. Now I assume that In Kyle's mindset, he is just there at Yarygin looking for matches and is letting it pretty much all hang out and just going for it. However, the scouting shows me that Kyle has to continually improve and innovate, to stay a step ahead of the competition.

CHAPTER 9 – PROHIBITIONS AND ILLEGAL HOLDS Article 49 – General Prohibitions Wrestlers are fobidden to:

Kick, head-butt, strangle, push, apply holds that may endanger the opponent’s life or cause a fracture or dislocation of limbs, tread on the feet of the opponent or touch his face between the eyebrows and the line of the mouth.

I officiated some time ago. This rule doesn't seem to have changed much since then- at least in so far as wording goes. Obviously what goes before this specific sounds like it would have to be pretty bad. But by the same token what comes after (touching the face) is pretty benign. What I recall being told about this in the clinics was that it was illegal and not just if seen as dangerous. I also had a discussion about this with Mark Lieberman who used this in folkstyle and he emphasized that it was legal in folkstyle (to trap the foot not to stomp on it). He was right.

I would like to hear from a current international official on this because it could be simply that Kyle is using a legal folkstyle move without being totally aware of its ramifications.

Obliviously, you are far more qualified to comment than I am.  I must say, I have never seen it called, and I have seen it not called many times.  So if what you statement is correct, then FILA's referees are very inconsistent.  After I typed it, I realized what an obvious statement I just made! 

Edited by irani

Wow. Has Kyle ever used that move before? I have never seen him use this move. We killed Yazdani for it so we need to find out if it is truly legal or not? Surprised no one can say with certainty. It seems to work well for short heavyweights.

I wish! I've been trying to teach this single for about four years now and have not seen one kid put it into action, even in practice. Such an underrated set up!

My club coach in HS called it the "stinky foot" single.

This is definitely the way it gets called....

If you happen to have one, can you please share a video of a match where it was actually called?  I have seen many no calls, I have never seen a call and would like to see if there is an obvious difference, or it's just inconsistent refereeing. 

Thanks in advance

If you happen to have one, can you please share a video of a match where it was actually called? I have seen many no calls, I have never seen a call and would like to see if there is an obvious difference, or it's just inconsistent refereeing.

Thanks in advance

I believe he was agreeing that it's not called except when it's a stomp.

Pretty sure that rule (and all others) was written in French and likely translated from another language before that. Hard to tell what the intent was by the time it got translated to English.

We do know that most of the time there is no call for stepping on the foot. I actually have never seen it called. Based on that, I'm thinking it's ok.

Pretty sure that rule (and all others) was written in French and likely translated from another language before that. Hard to tell what the intent was by the time it got translated to English.

We do know that most of the time there is no call for stepping on the foot. I actually have never seen it called. Based on that, I'm thinking it's ok.

As Mark Lieberman also said- It ain't illegal unless it's called. I don't disagree with you. De Facto- legal but de jure- not