Sign in to follow this  
pish6969

Downey going off on Twitter

Flo will post anything to get the click counts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On one hand it is VERY entertaining seeing a kid put himself out there like he is.

On the other hand Flo rewarding the kid for not what he's done on the mat (I think he's only wrestled 4 matches) but for his mouth.

If the kids ego wasn't big enough it sure is now

Conor McGregor type psychological warfare seems to be the route Downey is taking. The issue is he is constantly 'injured' & backing up nothing with action. He jibber jabbers in interviews & twitter like he is the GOAT. Sure, being a winner is a state of mind but he's delusional. Had he actually toed the line with Nolan Boyd (100% healthy or not) & backed up the talk he might have some ground to stand on

It would be one thing if he was putting it on the line week in and week out and getting the job done but to talk like this when you have only wrestled 4 matches of the year makes you seem like an idiot.

Of course, I am pretty sure Downey is an idiot so if the shoe fits...

.... anymore, it seems twitter is the platform for "off the cuff" random thoughts- "what will i have for breakfast, frosted flakes or toast"?   Downey was AA5th last year at 197, and has a solid wrestling history- - maybe this is how he motivates himself, which is good- - my first response was "don't talk/just wrestle" - - but, let's just see what happens in the next 7 weeks .....

http://www.amestrib.com/sports/20170129/wrestling-iowa-state-loses-34-3-to-no-1-oklahoma-state-but-it-couldve-been-worse 

From the article... "ISU was also without undefeated, 184-pound wrestler Pat Downey, who missed his second-straight dual meet with an ankle injury. Jackson said he asked Downey how he was feeling on Saturday. Downey told him he wasn't 100 percent, which led to Jackson erring on the side of his wrestler's health.

"I wanted him to compete, I really did," Jackson said. "He didn't think his ankle would hold up in a mat situation that (Oklahoma State wrestler Nolan) Boyd was bringing to the table. If you're already thinking along those lines, thinking that you're not 100 percent and thinking that you're going to be hurt and it's going to affect the rest of your season, it's hard for me to throw you out there, whether we need you or not."

Doesn't sound so confident in himself there...

made me think of this from the movie Draft Day, GM to prospective draft pick:

Don't Twitter. For the love of Jesus, just stop. Delete your profile, get off the web, do not do this to yourself.

Downey should take a lesson from Kyle Snyder on how to use Twitter while being competitive, yet still use it in a classy way. 

Kyle Snyder 

Let's sell out the Scott. Beat Penn State. And then all go about our weekends with a big smile on our faces.

Downey should take a lesson from Kyle Snyder on how to use Twitter while being competitive, yet still use it in a classy way. 

Kyle Snyder 

Let's sell out the Scott. Beat Penn State. And then all go about our weekends with a big smile on our faces.

Snyder may be taking a jab at PSU, they are known as the guys who always "have fun", and Snyder is talking about having a big smile on his face. Classless.