Sign in to follow this  
Pinnum

Exciting Duals

What an exciting dual! I have always said that duals are the most exciting thing have have in our sport and this just proved it.

How great would it be for these duals to happen for a team race where McDonough and Evans pull out the wins to win their team a title and then in the individual championship Mega and Brown come back to avenge those loses in making a run towards an individual national title! There would be no excitement lost in that.

Two teams meet, one team travels and they draw over 15,077 fans. That is more fans than Iowa Men's basketball averages for their home games (11,869) and about the same number we have at the NCAAs where there are typically 75 teams competing and bringing fans.

Penn State averages 6,600 fans in a packed out Rec Hall, just 200 less than their Men's Basketball team averages.

Minnesota hosted Iowa in front of 8,254 fans and Oklahoma welcomed them in front of 5,537.

These dual environments make for greater rivalries and the rise of Virginia Tech, Cornell, Illinois, Ohio State and others just add to the excitement.

I want to see more duals like this and I think a NCAA duals would make more rounds of hyped excitement where each match is pivotal.