LaxHawk174

Kevin Jackson Stepping down as ISU Head Coach at Seasons end

Well, I wonder who the Cyclones will try and recruit to be their new coach, will they look to hire the Paulson's? Will they try and get someone who is an assistant on another program, or do they try and get a current head coach?

Classy statement by KJ -- wish him all the best

I've been involved in enough press releases through the years to know that the folks in public relations are really good at putting words in mouths and slapping quotation marks around them.

That being said, might be entirely accurate.

So is it true Cael may go back just to prove he can win multiple team titles without money or top talent? ;)

Ha.

Well... I was thinking Cody Sanderson since he has been a D1 head coach before but it is possible he is happy just working with his bother at a consistent title contender.

Per sports talk radio in Iowa, they already have a replacement. Apparantly they won't say who until official announcement.

Source: Friend in Des Moines (Cyclone wrestling fan) who just heard this on sports radio.

Per sports talk radio in Iowa, they already have a replacement. Apparantly they won't say who until official announcement.

Source: Friend in Des Moines (Cyclone wrestling fan) who just heard this on sports radio.

well that's pretty quick.

Just noticed Austin Gomez asked for a release.

Hmm, I wonder if Stroker has committed anywhere yet?

This was my concern -- the past 2 high level recruiting classes busted Edited by xander

Damn. They didn't ask me for advice !

Andre Metzger? I hear he has a great golf game. 

Edited by Billyhoyle

Seven seasons...4 NCAA Champs....14 AA's....   While I have no doubt someone else might come in and do a better job, it's hardly a certainty.  

KJ has always struck me as a quality human being--which was confirmed after reading the Quean Smith story.  He just couldn't recruit as well as he needed to.   Nothing more, nothing less.  

It will be interesting to see how the team performs the rest of the season.