LaxHawk174

Kevin Jackson Stepping down as ISU Head Coach at Seasons end

Why would Dresser leave VT? He's got a good thing going and at this point, he's a long time Virginia guy - Grundy, Christiansburg and now VT. He's recruiting well in Ohio, NJ and VA and now he's bringing in guys like Chishko and Zavatsky from PA. Why would he go back to Iowa to play second fiddle to Brands?

Doesn't the job have to be listed publicly for so long?

Tenure track faculty. Classified staff. Yes

Contract employees, non classified staff -- less HR requirements.

As long as pollard has coin in budget - rock and roll.

Am sorry to see Coach Jackson go. He is a class act and had high hopes when he became Coach. Coming in after Sanderson bolted to Penn State was difficult and he worked hard for the program. He was tough as nails as a wrestler and a good coach. Wish things would have worked for him and hope he does well as he moves on in his career.

Really hope ISU comes back strong with whomever takes over next year.

Or Popolizio.  Maybe Mark Perry 

Still don't understand the Perry love.  What about the head assistants at the eight schools that finished ahead of Illinois last year or the 11 schools the year before that?  

Now that they're all in the same conference, would Branch be interested?  Kish?  SImilar schools to where they currently are, but a better history and potential.

Why would Dresser leave VT? He's got a good thing going and at this point, he's a long time Virginia guy - Grundy, Christiansburg and now VT. He's recruiting well in Ohio, NJ and VA and now he's bringing in guys like Chishko and Zavatsky from PA. Why would he go back to Iowa to play second fiddle to Brands?

I hope dresser isn't a target but would not be shocked if he is though. To me, it looks like every ten years or so, he gets the itch to try a new job and he is in that window now. With his resume and Iowa roots, he'd be my top choice as the AD.

Edited by Creek chub

Seven seasons...4 NCAA Champs....14 AA's....   While I have no doubt someone else might come in and do a better job, it's hardly a certainty.  

KJ has always struck me as a quality human being--which was confirmed after reading the Quean Smith story.  He just couldn't recruit as well as he needed to.   Nothing more, nothing less.  

It will be interesting to see how the team performs the rest of the season.  

He is quality human being. As far as how the team performs the rest of the season...It can't get any worse!!!

I hope dresser isn't a target but would not be shocked if he is though. To me, it looks like every ten years or so, he gets the itch to try a new job and he is in that window now. With his resume and Iowa roots, he'd be my top choice as the AD.

I'd hate to see this, but can understand why ISU would want him and why Dresser might consider. So, a bigger picture kind of question....can Va Tech ever win a title or are they about as high as they can go? Does Dresser have a better chance to get a title at ISU than at Tech? 

If Cael couldn't win a title at ISU, I'll go on record to say it won't be done in the next decade and maybe not in two either. You're just never going to outrecruit Iowa from the same state and Dresser is obviously a great coach but he doesn't have either Cael's pull or his ability to develop kids.

I'd think Dresser stays put. He has a great thing going at VT and I could see him achieving more from there than from Ames.

Still don't understand the Perry love.  What about the head assistants at the eight schools that finished ahead of Illinois last year or the 11 schools the year before that?  

Now that they're all in the same conference, would Branch be interested?  Kish?  SImilar schools to where they currently are, but a better history and potential.

Is every Assistant coach exactly equal in value to the performance of the team?  Does every assistant coach have an identical sized role and an identical impact on team success or failure?  Is every job hire determined by pure meritocracy?

College coaching is at least in large part about recruiting.  Recruiting is at least in part about name and regional ties.  I assume ISU would want a coach who can successfully recruit the state of Iowa while also being tied to other wrestling areas.  

I am not pushing Perry as a candidate, but he checks a few of the boxes they might want checked.