Sign in to follow this  
wrestlingnerd

Kudos to Lee and Fix for agreeing to lock horns at Prtsburgh wrestling Classic

As a fan of both, I am salivating at the thought of this match. Kudos to both warriors for putting their balls on the chopping block like this to end historic HS wrestling careers.

Since this is the college board, to make this thread relevant, I am forced to predict that whoever wins this match will go on to win an NCAA title against the other on their first try. I think that'll be Lee.

No, you're not. This event is like the All-Star Classic in college. These types of events almost always try to get the best two competitors to face each other but almost always fail. There's always some excuse as to why the top two guys can't face each other. The most frequent, and frankly, valid, reason is that the events are meaningless. Nobody actually expects the top two guys to show up anymore.

It is rare that the top two guys at any given weight end up facing each other and much rarer still that the top two P4P guys do. When such a rare event happens, it's not the end of the world to give the guys agreeing to compete a hat tip.

You got that, mf'er?

Edited by wrestlingnerd

my angry little friend is 100% correct...

the two best kids in the country who also happen to be two of the best kids on this planet agree to wrestle each other for the sake of wrestling... nothing more... add in they don't particularly care for each other and it raises the stakes even more...

it is rare, totally unnecessary, and really cool... 

kudos... thumbs up... party streamers... vuvuzelas... all appropriate responses to this news...

No, you're not. This event is like the All-Star Classic in college. These types of events almost always try to get the best two competitors to face each other but almost always fail. There's always some excuse as to why the top two guys can't face each other. The most frequent, and frankly, valid, reason is that the events are meaningless. Nobody actually expects the top two guys to show up anymore.

It is rare that the top two guys at any given weight end up facing each other and much rarer still that the top two P4P guys do. When such a rare event happens, it's not the end of the world to give the guys agreeing to compete a hat tip.

You got that, mf'er?

No, I don't. 

Your fan mentality has overtaken your competitive spirit. You think reputation is more important than substance. 

No, I don't. 

Your fan mentality has overtaken your competitive spirit. You think reputation is more important than substance. 

i appreciate your spirit, but, this isn't about what "fans" think... this is about what the wrestlers themselves are willing to do...

fix has shown that he will wrestle anyone anywhere at anytime... lee has been much more reclusive...

they agree to meet again after 2 years when fix whipped lee 2 straight... lee is still salty about that... so salty he mean mugged my 13 year old in vegas last year because he was wearing a team big hoodie... 

neither has to wrestle each other... both want to... for their own competitive spirit... it is increasingly rare in this era of egos, rankings, and internet tough guys posting stupid **** about everything...

but, by all means... don't watch it... you can come here the next day and find out all about it...