Sign in to follow this  
wrestlingnerd

Kudos to Lee and Fix for agreeing to lock horns at Prtsburgh wrestling Classic

and to answer your question before positing my own, you are congratulating someone for not hiding. 

Well they also happen to wrestle in different weight classes so it was cool to see that Daton Fix would make the extra cut to make this match happen. They could have easily just wrestled their normal weight classes and neither would have been "hiding" as you say

Well they also happen to wrestle in different weight classes so it was cool to see that Daton Fix would make the extra cut to make this match happen. They could have easily just wrestled their normal weight classes and neither would have been "hiding" as you say

fix will be a career 25er in college... the only reason he is wrestling 32 is because he has no competition at all in state...

obviously lee is a midge as well... 

fix will be a career 25er in college... the only reason he is wrestling 32 is because he has no competition at all in state...

obviously lee is a midge as well... 

I know, but he still could have just not felt like making the cut in a no-stakes post-season tournament

which is why everyone except one is excited and pumped for this match...

neither had to do it... both agreed to...

I agree. My only point was that Fix made a cut he didn't have to to make this awesome match happen. But it wouldn't have been "hiding" if he didn't, like someone is pouting about...

No, you're not. This event is like the All-Star Classic in college. These types of events almost always try to get the best two competitors to face each other but almost always fail. There's always some excuse as to why the top two guys can't face each other. The most frequent, and frankly, valid, reason is that the events are meaningless. Nobody actually expects the top two guys to show up anymore.

It is rare that the top two guys at any given weight end up facing each other and much rarer still that the top two P4P guys do. When such a rare event happens, it's not the end of the world to give the guys agreeing to compete a hat tip.

You got that, mf'er?

I agree that it is awesome to get the top 2 P4P guys together but the DD does a great job of getting the best of the USA against Pa's best.  Just look at the list of wrestlers who have competed in that.  It just doesn't always happen that Pa has the #1 or #2 guy at each weight(as hard as that is to believe:))

I agree that it is awesome to get the top 2 P4P guys together but the DD does a great job of getting the best of the USA against Pa's best. Just look at the list of wrestlers who have competed in that. It just doesn't always happen that Pa has the #1 or #2 guy at each weight(as hard as that is to believe:))

I love the DD. Great event. But it's still rare to get 1 vs 2, and even rarer to get the top 2 of any weight, to face each other, no matter how much that btch hammerlock whines.

have two guys who wrestled each other at Dapper Dan later faced off in NCAA finals? And how many times have there been future NCAA champ vs future NCAA champ matches? I can think of two: Kolat / Bono and Juergens / Hunter. 

my angry little friend is 100% correct...

the two best kids in the country who also happen to be two of the best kids on this planet agree to wrestle each other for the sake of wrestling... nothing more... add in they don't particularly care for each other and it raises the stakes even more...

it is rare, totally unnecessary, and really cool... 

kudos... thumbs up... party streamers... vuvuzelas... all appropriate responses to this news...

This is so multi-cultural and sensitive. I love it. 

Kudos to both.  And I don't understand how anyone can have a problem with giving kudos here.  Kudos is like a head nod of appreciation.  A simple acknowledgement.  It's not like he suggested making participation trophies for each guy.

This stuff is beyond awesome. I mean it, I have been away and came back to some really hilarious posts. Just to balance it out, here are some examples of statements where giving kudos would be completely ridiculous (though probably still not pathetic):

Kudos to J'Den for going to the Olympics, it was really cool he even went to the trials. 

Kudos for Snyder wrestling that last match at Madison Square Garden, he didn't have to do it.

Kudos to Cael for wrestling #159, he put it all on the line.

Kudos to Mark Hall wrestling vs Iowa, he knew he would never be able to match Cael and did it anyway.

How about, kudos to hammerlock for becoming the resident dunce. I didn't think LJB could ever be outdone, but good old hammer pulled through when we least expected it.

Dont waste your time Nerd. Slick over there is angry at the world and thinks we are giving them kudos for not hiding. He doesnt realize we are saying good job to Fix for agreeing to cut weight in a meaningless event, spend lots of money to travel across the country to wrestle another outstanding high schooler in his own back yard...Oh never the **** mind! Kudos to both of them.