Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Fish

Dake back to 86 if loses to JB in the US Open

I just got a chance to watch Dake's matches in Paris. I know outside of Dieringer he didn't see much competition, but damn he looked good. Hell, even Dieringer had nothing to offer and didn't get close to scoring a single point in that 10 point rout. Very excited to see Dake and Burroughs go at it again. I admittedly am not sure who I would pick.

Gotta go with Dake especially with no bye for Burroughs. I think the bye needs to be removed especially after the Varner Snyder 3 match series last year. Varner wins first match then completely gases the last two. It simply needs to be done away with.

Huge fan of JB. Actually want to see him keep the spot. I just think Dake will win it after seeing him at 189 beat Cox in a match and tech Ringer with ease. No bye for JB is big in my decision. Giving someone a bye at this level when wrestling 3 or 4 earlier matches is insane. Just ask Varner how hard that is. With no bye for JB the one US Open match is going to be huge!  

Huge fan of JB. Actually want to see him keep the spot. I just think Dake will win it after seeing him at 189 beat Cox in a match and tech Ringer with ease. No bye for JB is big in my decision. Giving someone a bye at this level when wrestling 3 or 4 earlier matches is insane. Just ask Varner how hard that is. With no bye for JB the one US Open match is going to be huge!

Varner, lol. Do you really think Varner is the better wrestler (over Snyder)?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Burroughs with one loss at the Olympics(sorry, I don't count beksad) and everyone jumping ship? I love Dake but I still have to give the edge to JB.

ps. I really don't know how anyone can "not" be a fan of Burroughs!

Don't disagree with your conclusion but why he hell doesn't the loss to Bekzod count? To me that was the more revealing of the two losses. Terrible and shameful way to end the tournament.

Varner, lol. Do you really think Varner is the better wrestler (over Snyder)?

His point, which is valid, is that it's MUCH harder to beat a guy twice in three tries after wrestling an entire tournament full of studs than to beat him just once. Level playing field vs. deck stacked against you.

Thanks nerd,

But yes I do think they are very close. I think Varner was ready and in prime shape at OTT. So yes I think if Snyder has no bye to the finals  Varner would have won yes. He beat him in match 1 and utterly gassed in match two and three. Is Varner better than Snyder I would say no but they are very close. Same goes for Dake vs JB. They are very close and a bye just kills the #1 contender. I really think they should do away with it. Just my opinion.

Who at 213 is going to have even a remote chance against Snyder this year under this format with Varner retired? Most likely we see two techs and Snyder barely breaks a sweat.

Edited by PRyan2012

Thanks nerd,

But yes I do think they are very close. I think Varner was ready and in prime shape at OTT. So yes I think if Snyder has no bye to the finals Varner would have won yes. He beat him in match 1 and utterly gassed in match two and three. Is Varner better than Snyder I would say no but they are very close. Same goes for Dake vs JB. They are very close and a bye just kills the #1 contender. I really think they should do away with it. Just my opinion.

Who at 213 is going to have even a remote chance against Snyder this year under this format with Varner retired? Most likely we see two techs and Snyder barely breaks a sweat.

Did you care when Varner made it to the best of three without wrestling in the mini tournament?

if varner had beat snyder in the finals of the US Open in 2015 he would have had that bye into the finals at 2015 WTT, but, he didn't... 

this whole mini tourney whining is sour grapes... there have been plenty of times where the winner of the mini tourney has in fact won the best 2 out of 3 if they were in fact the better wrestler...

Thanks nerd,

But yes I do think they are very close. I think Varner was ready and in prime shape at OTT. So yes I think if Snyder has no bye to the finals  Varner would have won yes. He beat him in match 1 and utterly gassed in match two and three. Is Varner better than Snyder I would say no but they are very close. Same goes for Dake vs JB. They are very close and a bye just kills the #1 contender. I really think they should do away with it. Just my opinion.

0*QuaCPbcnMlTDVlWZ.gif

Gotta go with Dake especially with no bye for Burroughs. I think the bye needs to be removed especially after the Varner Snyder 3 match series last year. Varner wins first match then completely gases the last two. It simply needs to be done away with.

Very close...How??? 4-0 and 2 techs by Burroughs...You guys always disregard burroughs...This is worse than DT will beat Dake...and your on the bandwagon for that.

I have no doubt in my mind Jordan Burroughs will beat Kyle Dake again 2-0.  Kyle has one close match with JB to call them close is an insult to our 3x world champion and 1x olympic champion and what 130-4.

I think Dake beats JB. Thank goodness JB has to wrestle at the open! But if he loses Dake stays at 163 no matter what.

How are you so sure!!! JB is always in good shape and starts off slow...That explains 6-3 match against Dake at WTT

I like him wrestling the Open too. I will beat you against Dake $100??

I'm a big Dake fan, but I think advantage is still to JB here. Look at Dake's quarterfinal match against the Georgian at the Paris Tournament:

Notice how Tlashadze is able to get to Dake's legs repeatedly (see 1:10, 2:13, 3:26, 4:52, and 5:52). Now, Tlashadze only scores on the first 2 of those, but JB is much quicker and more powerful. He would have scored on all of those later attempts (and probably added a leg lace) without giving Dake much opportunity to crotch lift or counter. If Dake wants to beat Burroughs, he needs to work better leg defense. He's got to work on stopping Borroughs from even getting to his legs in the first place and not just rely on being able to counter leg shots once his opponent gets in.

If Burroughs gets to the ankle like the Georgian does at the 1:20 mark vs Dake the match will end rapidly. Burroughs has a world class lace and wouldn't transfer that position without selling out for the turn like the Georgian does in the above match. I like Jordan's chances.....

The mini tourney issue is not sour grapes with wrestling all in one day. How many guys have come through mini and made Olympic teams? Right now I only can think of one instance. Sanderson vs Fullhart in 2004 and that was a two day event. Varner did it all in same day and still took a match from Snyder then completely gassed.

The US Open match is crucial for Dake. I simply think he is ready and looking really good. That is no disrespect to JB ay all.  

Why couldn't we just have the finals the next day? Returning champ gets to skip out on the tournament but the challenger gets a needed rest. I get this would increase cost and logistics but it seems like the best option by far purely from a sporting perspective

This.

Man what an important match that will be! Not the betting type but I am going with Dake although JB is slight favorite in Vegas.

Just curious who posts odds for wrestling?

Also, I'll vote, J.B. still wins, he finds the step so many see to think he has lost.