Sign in to follow this  
closer617

Jordan v hall....who you got

At this point I am really just hoping Bo goes. If Bo goes, which Bo will we see? Has he practiced this week?

If we knew Bo was healthy I would take him in a one takedown match. I think Hall will get him here though. Bo will get revenge in Bloomington the first weekend of March.

Bo should win, but as of last dual he hadn't been on the mat for two weeks due to an injury that is healing and apparently won't be a problem as long as he rests it.

Hall has gotten to his offense in every match. Bo tends to since close matches. I don't like the style matchup for Bo.

I'll pick Bo, but I'm not all that confident. TOSU has to win this to have any shot at winning the dual

This is a toss up to me.  a truly healthy BoJo I'd take with a much higher confidence level.  But... this is Mark Hall.  He can beat just about anyone at this level, any given match, even at his young/inexperienced (college level that is) age.  Going to be a fun match to watch... a low scoring match, but a fun match to watch.  

Well, I'm taking the number 1 guy (Per Flo) obviously. Based on body of work this year, and relevant circumstances, there is a reason he is ranked number 1 right now. You people talking about him being injured are haters. It is irrelevant. (I couldn't resist, sorry folks!)

Should Hall choose bottom vs Bo?

No. I am sure Cael will encourage him to keep this match in neutral. If that happens, I just don't think BoJo has the arsenal to take Hall down. You have to think Hall is going to be much more mentally ready for this match. He doesn't lose often, and I see him winning this 4-3 or 3-2.

Health is the great equalizer in DI.  If BoJo were healthy he is too experienced, big and strong(he has Dad strength!).  These are huge factors considering Hall is a True Freshman having just been pulled out of redshirt and he is notably undersized.

But, BoJo did not appear fully healthy against Meyer.  Not only does he have to get his injury full healed, he needs the confidence to KNOW it is healed and not favor it.  In addition, you need time to get yourself back into 7 minute wrestling shape.

If I had to bet, I would say BoJo doesn't even step on the mat.  If he does, I think Hall keeps the match in neutral and squeaks out a 1 takedown win.  In another month, I don't see Hall beating him.

Should Hall choose bottom vs Bo?

He'd better if he wants to learn to get out from under bottom.  Different situation if this were the NCAA (or B10) finals, but as we all now know DDM (duals don't matter) so should be using those to improve for the tourney.

He'd better if he wants to learn to get out from under bottom. Different situation if this were the NCAA (or B10) finals, but as we all now know DDM (duals don't matter) so should be using those to improve for the tourney.

I agree with this. If hall wants to win it all he has to be able to get out from under Bo. And Bo is almost but not quite dake on top where you just assume that escaping is and always will be impossible.

i am 99 percent of the time on the side of choosing down, but this is in that other 1 percent of the time. just listen to what is being said here. Bo Jordan is like Dake. Assume it is impossible to get out. Hall is noticeably smaller for the weight. And what was left unsaid, that Hall's strength is neutral. 

If Hall can get a lead, then stay on the feet for this match.