Sign in to follow this  
closer617

Jordan v hall....who you got

It appeared that way for Zain at one point.  Though to be fair, he was over a full year younger than Hall. 

yeah thats a good point. I guess am just assuming Hall will have a harder time developing. 

Suriano is gonna have a better career i think. 

Edited by hammerlockthree

I agree with this. If hall wants to win it all he has to be able to get out from under Bo. And Bo is almost but not quite dake on top where you just assume that escaping is and always will be impossible.

Didn't Meyer escape without too much difficulty from bojo in his recent match? Edited by LoStNuMbEr

I don't understand why everyone thinks Hall needs to learn to get out from the bottom on Jordan. I saw Donnie Pritzlaff wrestle Joe Heskett three times, 2 NCAA finals and an All-Star match and Pritzlaff never took down and won all 3. If Hall believes he can beat Jordan on his feet I'd say take neutral.

I don't understand why everyone thinks Hall needs to learn to get out from the bottom on Jordan. I saw Donnie Pritzlaff wrestle Joe Heskett three times, 2 NCAA finals and an All-Star match and Pritzlaff never took down and won all 3. If Hall believes he can beat Jordan on his feet I'd say take neutral.

again, different situation if its one time in the NCAA finals.  But if you don't learn to get off bottom, someone who has really good defense on their feet and can ride on top is going to choose top and beat you 2-0 or 1-0 before you even make the finals (think Weigel - he is capable of going into 3rd 0-0 and winning 4-0, not going to win him & championship but he might keep someone else out).   

anyone think BoJo might sit this one out?

I hope not. But plenty of incentive to do so. Hell, sit out until big tens. Protect the seed. Plenty of people have voiced that the degree he has sat out of matches should have no impact on ranking. Right?

I know, I'm a broken record and should let it go. But there is a point here.

I hope not. But plenty of incentive to do so. Hell, sit out until big tens. Protect the seed. Plenty of people have voiced that the degree he has sat out of matches should have no impact on ranking. Right?

I know, I'm a broken record and should let it go. But there is a point here.

It only matters if the point is a good one.

Didn't Meyer escape without too much difficulty from bojo in his recent match?

Maybe Bo can't keep as much pressure on bottom man if he has turf toe, he might not be able to drive off that foot too well. Hall and others like Meyer could gain a false sense of security if that toe is healthy by NCAA's.

Somewhat unrelated, but does Micha choose bottom?

Health is the great equalizer in DI. If BoJo were healthy he is too experienced, big and strong(he has Dad strength!). These are huge factors considering Hall is a True Freshman having just been pulled out of redshirt and he is notably undersized.

But, BoJo did not appear fully healthy against Meyer. Not only does he have to get his injury full healed, he needs the confidence to KNOW it is healed and not favor it. In addition, you need time to get yourself back into 7 minute wrestling shape.

If I had to bet, I would say BoJo doesn't even step on the mat. If he does, I think Hall keeps the match in neutral and squeaks out a 1 takedown win. In another month, I don't see Hall beating him.

Bo wasn't on the mat for two weeks prior to the Meyer match.

He still won't be 100%, but by NCAAs should be

Maybe Bo can't keep as much pressure on bottom man if he has turf toe, he might not be able to drive off that foot too well. Hall and others like Meyer could gain a false sense of security if that toe is healthy by NCAA's.

No chance Micah chooses bottom

Edit: Unless they want the experience for him? That could turn the match into a major/tech/pin though. For team points sake I hope not.

Edited by Housebuye

Micha's bottom wrestling is atrocious. He needs all of the practice there he can get.

Micha's bottom wrestling is atrocious. He needs all of the practice there he can get.

Agreed, but Zain is probably the wrong guy to practice on. Micah will be dominated in that position.

I'd rather him choose bottom against literally anyone else for experience. This one might mess with his head. He might get pinned