Sign in to follow this  
russling

Help with OSU and PennSt point spread

My dad and I usually work up some points spreads for the key match ups but never agree. What changes should be made below to make it more accurate.

BoJo -2.5     

Zain-.3.5      

BoN -5.5    

Kyle -5.5

Thanks

These aren't too bad, here's how I see it:

Suriano -5.0- I would lay the points

Tomasello -8.5 I would lay the points

Gulibon -1.0-I would lay the points

Retherford -4.5-I would lay the points

Nolf TF-I think it will be a tech, so would not bet

Joseph -7.0-I would take the points

Jordan -2.0-I would take the points

Nickal -4.0-I would lay the points

Moore -4.0 I would take the points

Snyder -8.0- I would lay the points

Very cool idea.  This should be a regular topic for big duals/matches.  

Tomasello -14.5 

Gulibon - Pick em

Retherford -6.5

Jordan -1.0

Nickal -4.0

Retherford wins big here.  His only close matches the last two years are when guys can get away quickly.  Jordan couldn't get away from Sorenson so I don't see him getting away from Retherford.  

Edited by boconnell

Retherford wins big here.  His only close matches the last two years are when guys can get away quickly.  Jordan couldn't get away from Sorenson so I don't see him getting away from Retherford.  

I tend to agree, but Retherford finally looked human for the first time in a while against Sorenson, and it's an away dual.  Jordan won't pick bottom against Retherford.  If it's a stalemate or close on their feet, I could see Zain winning 5-0 or 4-0.  

Very cool idea.  This should be a regular topic for big duals/matches.  

Tomasello -14.5 

Gulibon - Pick em

Retherford -6.5

Jordan -1.0

Nickal -4.0

You gotta bump Tomasello to -15.5 or more.  In no scenario does he not tech or pin.    16-point tech or pin for the win.  

Edited by LemonPie

You gotta bump Tomasello to -15.5 or more.  In no scenario does he not tech or pin.    16-point tech or pin for the win.  

I left him at 14.5 because I wanted it to be possible to bet.  I didn't think about most TFs being by more than 15 when it's all said and done.  -15.5 or -16 would be an intriguing line to actually bet on.

I tend to agree, but Retherford finally looked human for the first time in a while against Sorenson, and it's an away dual.  Jordan won't pick bottom against Retherford.  If it's a stalemate or close on their feet, I could see Zain winning 5-0 or 4-0.  

I think that would be the best result for Jordan.  4-0 with a single TD, escape and RT point.  But spending time under Retherford looks like a brutal experience and one that tends to break most opponents and result in a late avalanche of points one way or another.  That is why getting away is so key.  

My dad and I usually work up some points spreads for the key match ups but never agree. What changes should be made below to make it more accurate.

BoJo -2.5

Zain-.3.5

BoN -5.5

Kyle -5.5

Thanks

are these team points or bout score?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If I were Vegas and wanting to get bets on each side of the line:

125 - Suriano (-7.5)

133 - Tomasello (-14.5)

141 - Gulibon (-1)

149 -  Retherford (-5.5)

157 - Nolf (-14.5)

165 - Joseph (-3.5)

174 - Jordan (-2.5)

184 -  Nickal (-4.5)

197 - Moore (-1.5)

285 - Snyder (-9.5)

My picks:

125 - Suriano major Rodriguez (4-0 PSU) * Could be worse than major
133 - Tomasello fall Carpenter (6-4 OSU) * Tech or pin
141 - Gulibon decision Pletcher (7-6 PSU) * Give the toss-up to the experience
149 - Retherford major M. Jordan (11-6 PSU) * Could be regular, but, always danger of fall with Zain
157 - Nolf fall Ryan (17-6 PSU) * Tech or pin
165 - Joseph decision Burcher (20-6 PSU) * Could be major
174 - Hall decision B. Jordan (23-6 PSU) * Bo is slight favorie, but, I'm not even sure he wrestles.  Not 100%
184 - Nickal decision Martin (26-6) * Could be major or pin.  I don't think Nickal ever loses to Martin again
197 - Moore decision McCutcheon (26-9) * Moore slight favorite due to big size advantage
285 - Nevills fall Fox (32-9) or Snyder major Nevills (26-13) * Snyder on another planet, as Nevills is right there with Medberry

Obviously, I see everything close going PSU's direction. Bo Jordan isn't 100% and I think Hall wants to show what he is capable of.