Sign in to follow this  
Wahawk90

Taylor WTF!

Why can't DT pin anyone?

Typical scribe post about a Penn Stater -- take a shot, and don't do any research.

'12-'13: DT has 19 matches, is 18-1, and has 8 pins. Probably would have more pins, but he's such a TD machine that his matches often get stopped when he TFs his opponent (8 this year). So of DT's 18 wins, 8 were by pin, and 8 were by TF, but "DT can't pin anyone."

'11-'12: DT had 33 matches, and went 33-0. He had 15 pins on the year, and 9 TFs. In the NCAA Championships, he had 4 pins and 1 TF in his 5 matches. So in his toughest competition of the year, he pinned all but one opponent, and TF the other (in the finals). Sure sounds like a wrestler that can't pin anyone.

'10-11 season: DT had 39 matches, went 38-1, had 8 pins and 15 TFs

The stats really do support your claim, scribe. :)

You're not going to get a stall call when you are turtled up on bottom.

Agree. I thought Moore did nothing the whole match. I have heard others say he did a great job, I didn't see it. I saw a guy doing everything in his power to not get pinned. Disappointing to me that he didn't even try to wrestle him.

You're not going to get a stall call when you are turtled up on bottom.

Agree. I thought Moore did nothing the whole match. I have heard others say he did a great job, I didn't see it. I saw a guy doing everything in his power to not get pinned. Disappointing to me that he didn't even try to wrestle him.

Also agree. After a couple of good wins and WOTW award I expected more (no pun). Recall the score was only 4-1 w/ RT entering the 2nd period. i think he just chucked it in into the period, never gave a thought to winning or competing, and tried for a non-pin.

Man. The David Taylor fans get so sensitive sometimes.

No scribe, that's not it at all.

You acted like an a$$, and then when called to the carpet on it, you redirected the target, as if the problem was with those that reacted to your post. Keep dreaming.

Man. The David Taylor fans get so sensitive sometimes.

No scribe, that's not it at all.

You acted like an a$$, and then when called to the carpet on it, you redirected the target, as if the problem was with those that reacted to your post. Keep dreaming.

Dude. You said he was too busy making takedowns to get a pin.

I asked, you answered. We got us a discussion here.

Guest Hammerlock3

its not a question of stalling its a question of how obnoxious his on mat persona has become

why didn't he get called for stalling on top. He wasn't getting off to a side just sitting on top of the hips with his toes inside...bs!

That's absurd. He was just waiting for when Moore would decide to wrestle and when he decided to - He got Teched. Go figure.

Taylor's wait and see approach is a little weird but it is ends up in him getting a turn so often that it is a pretty big stretch to consider it stalling. Now a tactic that should be called stalling is Nico's splits. It is a stall move as far as I'm considered. When he did that in the ride out the second time he should be called for stalling. I view it like when you stand up repeatedly when someone has the legs in. While it may be a stretch to call stalling on him underneath for this tactic I think it is a no-brainer to call him for stalling when he does it on his feet. I looks at it this way. He is doing a move that has no chance of scoring and he is doing everything he can to stop the other person from scoring. Add to that that he usually is doing it on the edge of the mat trying to get out of bounds and it is pretty much the definition of stalling.

Taylor's wait and see approach is a little weird but it is ends up in him getting a turn so often that it is a pretty big stretch to consider it stalling. Now a tactic that should be called stalling is Nico's splits. It is a stall move as far as I'm considered. When he did that in the ride out the second time he should be called for stalling. I view it like when you stand up repeatedly when someone has the legs in. While it may be a stretch to call stalling on him underneath for this tactic I think it is a no-brainer to call him for stalling when he does it on his feet. I looks at it this way. He is doing a move that has no chance of scoring and he is doing everything he can to stop the other person from scoring. Add to that that he usually is doing it on the edge of the mat trying to get out of bounds and it is pretty much the definition of stalling.

More like stalling is when McD dropped to an ankle and hugged on for dear life. Or maybe Moore's turtle impression. How about Gambrall's zero attempts to score the entire 2nd or 3rd periods?

I'm not gonna sit here and say I blame them. They did what they needed to, to win the dual for their team. But give me a break about Mega. He pushed the pace the entire match except for overtime. His wait and hope the ref calls stalling or a stalemate is what cost him the match. McD effectively kept moving in OT and earned the escape for the win.

McD could have used Nico's leg for a pillow in the rideout. He grasped it and held on for dear life. Nico pushed the entire match. How about McD's "wait until Nico shoots to dive under and grasp and ankle approach." He knew this would garner a stalemate. He is doing a move that has, and I quote, "no chance of scoring and he is doing everything he can to stop the other person from scoring." Works both ways. Take the black and gold colored glasses off. To say Nico stalled is absurd.