Shiraz123

World cup thread

Burroughs - Seems to adapting to his new reality. More technical. Better changes offs. More more sets ups. He just had a little bad luck at the Olympics because he lost the step basically over night and didn't have a chance to adapt.

Iranians are having a big party in the background.

Don't get sucked into the subliminal messages embedded in the chants from the Iranian fans. Alex Jones says they are chanting terrorist propaganda. Put your computers on mute or risk succumbing your household or work cubicle to Sharia Law.

Burroughs - Seems to adapting to his new reality. More technical. Better changes offs. More more sets ups. He just had a little bad luck at the Olympics because he lost the step basically over night and didn't have a chance to adapt.

Nuh uh.  Pressure got to him.  You could see it after the fast start in his first match.  Go back and watch that match.  You can LITERALLY see the weight hit his shoulders when he noticeably slows down.  Looked like he wanted to preserve his energy.  He cared too much about winning.  

He really didn't get to show the world how much of a better wrestler he had become since the last World Championships.

Don't get sucked into the subliminal messages embedded in the chants from the Iranian fans. Alex Jones says they are chanting terrorist propaganda. Put your computers on mute or risk succumbing your household or work cubicle to Sharia Law.

Smedley, you know the difference between Persians and Arabs don't you?

You don't see many bearded Iranian men in the crowd.

Great venue, great atmosphere.

Iran made wrestling great again!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Nuh uh. Pressure got to him. You could see it after the fast start in his first match. Go back and watch that match. You can LITERALLY see the weight hit his shoulders when he noticeably slows down. Looked like he wanted to preserve his energy. He cared too much about winning.

He really didn't get to show the world how much of a better wrestler he had become since the last World Championships.

I agree... plus he lost to geduev in an absolute battle, no way that match should have happened before the finals. Geduez was smashing yazdani before he ran out of gas because of the Burroughs match... Burroughs is fine and hasn't lost anything he is still just as fast and just as explosive. he is 28 and in the prime of his career

I installed the "propaganda block" skill on my Amazon Echo so Alexa will monitor for me.

It wasn't bad luck. It was a stupid qualifying system that shielded him. He did not lose a step overnight. 

I agree... plus he lost to geduev in an absolute battle, no way that match should have happened before the finals. Geduez was smashing yazdani before he ran out of gas because of the Burroughs match... Burroughs is fine and hasn't lost anything he is still just as fast and just as explosive. he is 28 and in the prime of his career

I still think he lost a little bit on his speed (based on what I just watched) but I am not going to belabor it. He kicked butt. Looked really good. Lots of very technical wrestling. Damn he's flexible. And I am a huge fan   

Smedley, you know the difference between Persians and Arabs don't you?

You don't see many bearded Iranian men in the crowd.

Great venue, great atmosphere.

Iran made wrestling great again!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I am being sarcastic. Much love to the crowd, it is off the chain... Although having some half naked ring card girls would icing on the cake.

I still think he lost a little bit on his speed (based on what I just watched) but I am not going to belabor it. He kicked butt. Looked really good. Lots of very technical wrestling. Damn he's flexible. And I am a huge fan   

No you're 100 percent correct on the losing the speed.  But you saw that at the 2015 World Championships.  Basically, he hasn't been the same since his 2014 run after getting hurt to the same African he wrestled in the first round of the Olympics.

BUT, in his matches following the 2015 Worlds, man did he become a better wrestler.  That's what I mean, when I say he didn't show it.

No you're 100 percent correct on the losing the speed.  But you saw that at the 2015 World Championships.  Basically, he hasn't been the same since his 2014 run after getting hurt to the same African he wrestled in the first round of the Olympics.

BUT, in his matches following the 2015 Worlds, man did he become a better wrestler.  That's what I mean, when I say he didn't show it.

Got it.