Shiraz123

World cup thread

Go away.

Again, go away.

Nope. I've been pretty much spot on about Burroughs. I said he would not win in Rio because it was noticeable that he slowed down even against an opponent made lead footed by the challenge tournament. And I thought the set up did him no favors. And more recently I said although he had slowed down I still thought he had a chance to win. Come to think of it I called Cox's Bronze, said our men's FS team would have one medal in Rio (we had two but it was close) and think that Snyder is the poster child for wrestling. I'm on a roll. Finally.   

Edited by straggler

Nope. I've been pretty much spot on about Burroughs. I said he would not win in Rio because it was noticeable that he slowed down even against an opponent made lead footed by the challenge tournament. And I thought the set up did him no favors. And more recently I said although he had slowed down I still thought he had a chance to win. Come to think of it I called Cox's Bronze, said our men's FS team would have one medal in Rio (we had two but it was close) and think that Snyder is the poster child for wrestling. I'm on a roll. Finally.

You might want to get that arm looked at!

I agree... plus he lost to geduev in an absolute battle, no way that match should have happened before the finals. Geduez was smashing yazdani before he ran out of gas because of the Burroughs match... Burroughs is fine and hasn't lost anything he is still just as fast and just as explosive. he is 28 and in the prime of his career

No way a match between the silver medalist and a non-medalist should happen before the finals?  Geduev looked better against Burroughs than he did against anyone else.   Burroughs just wasn't the best that day.  It doesn't mean he wasn't great or that he might not be great again, but he wasn't even close that day.  Don't blame it on draw, I am sure Burroughs doesn't.

so iran beat India, Turkey beat Mongolia, Azerbaijan beat Georgia, and US beat Russia

there are three undefeated teams left, Iran, US, Azerbaijan

US will have to defeat Azerbaijan to go against Iran in the championship finals.

India has 8th place locked.  Loser of Russia Georgia will have 7th placed locked.

This has been a good tournament to watch, too bad the Russians did not send their A team.  It would have been an even greater tournament if the Russians had their A team

No way a match between the silver medalist and a non-medalist should happen before the finals? Geduev looked better against Burroughs than he did against anyone else. Burroughs just wasn't the best that day. It doesn't mean he wasn't great or that he might not be great again, but he wasn't even close that day. Don't blame it on draw, I am sure Burroughs doesn't.

Yeah that's what I said that no way the two top ranked wrestlers who had proven to be the top two should have met before the finals. There needs to be seeding in the world championships and in the olympics. Yazdani wouldn't have beaten either Burroughs or geduez if they had wrestled in the semifinals. So yeah I do blame the draw and the way that wrestling is run. If your two best wrestlers don't meet, or have the possibility to meet in the finals something is wrong

Rich Bender and coach Zadick are guests in a live TV show in Iran

http://www.telewebion.com/#!/live/varzesh/

The reporter asked Bender about rumored a tri meet between iran, US and Russia in New York next month!

Unfortunately, Bender denied such a meet is planned.

The reporter asked Zadick about the secrets behind the massive improvements that Snyder, Taylor, (and somebody else, I forget who).

Edited by irani

Who is the translater?  He speaks perfect English.  He is wearing US logo sweat, so I assume he is with the US team?

I hope Trump lets him back in when the team returns!

They introduced him at the start of the show, but didn't pay attention enough

They are now interviewing the Russians.

The reporter asked them who will win in the finals between US and Iran (yes, the reporters being a bit presumptuous)

The Russians said both teams are very good, and it's too close to call.

the reporter then asked the Russian coach what the reason was for their very poor showing against the US.  The coach said it's difficult to answer.  The reporter then pressed him!  He said why do you bring a wrestler like BELONOVSKIY, he has wrestled for years, and he is not very good!

The Russian Coach pointed out that BELONOVSKIY just medaled in the Yarygin tournament.  The reporter said "yes, I know, but he only wrestles for 2 minutes!"

When I was watching today on my computer, I could watch for about 30-60 seconds at a time and then the video would freeze until I reloaded the page. Then it worked for another 30-60 seconds. When I loaded it up on my phone, it worked fine. Did anyone else have an issue like this, and did you come up with a solution?

Now they are interviewing the coach from Turkey

the reporter said Iran was expecting a very tough match from Turkey, why didn't Turkey bring their best wrestlers and not use their best ones against Iran (including Yasar)

The coach said they are saving their best wrestlers for the European championship

the reporter said that even with that with this team, we expected Turkey to win 3 or 4 matches against Iran, what happened?

the coach said he also expected to win 3 matches, but wrestling is unpredictable.

The reporter then asked the coach don't you think by using foreign born wrestlers from Dagestan and Chechnya you are demotivating your native born wrestlers?  The coach said  as you know I myself am not from Turkey.  We are doing this to import good wrestlers but also to teach good wrestling to native born wrestler.  He also said specifically in 96 Kg we felt weak, so we imported a wrestler, in 120kg we felt strong, so we did not import a wrestler!

But I'm sure you've said a bunch of stupid stuff before you made one correct description using your subjective logic.

Edited by CoachWrestling

Yasar is the only non ethnic Turk on the team. He's Ingush. And the Euros are about a month away. Stupid not to bring your best.

Now they are interviewing the coach from Turkey

the reporter said Iran was expecting a very tough match from Turkey, why didn't Turkey bring their best wrestlers and not use their best ones against Iran (including Yasar)

The coach said they are saving their best wrestlers for the European championship

the reporter said that even with that with this team, we expected Turkey to win 3 or 4 matches against Iran, what happened?

the coach said he also expected to win 3 matches, but wrestling is unpredictable.

The reporter then asked the coach don't you think by using foreign born wrestlers from Dagestan and Chechnya you are demotivating your native born wrestlers?  The coach said  as you know I myself am not from Turkey.  We are doing this to import good wrestlers but also to teach good wrestling to native born wrestler.  He also said specifically in 96 Kg we felt weak, so we imported a wrestler, in 120kg we felt strong, so we did not import a wrestler!

Yeah that's what I said that no way the two top ranked wrestlers who had proven to be the top two should have met before the finals. There needs to be seeding in the world championships and in the olympics. Yazdani wouldn't have beaten either Burroughs or geduez if they had wrestled in the semifinals. So yeah I do blame the draw and the way that wrestling is run. If your two best wrestlers don't meet, or have the possibility to meet in the finals something is wrong

They weren't the two best wrestlers.  Gedeuv was not great in that tournament.  Every opponent he faced scored on him multiple times except Burroughs.  If he wore down in that finals match it wasn't from the low paced semi he had with Burroughs.